Matt goes to ChefConf, Microsoft launches a new Service Mesh and turns out SMS is pretty good for two-factor authentication. Plus, we brainstorm about a new type of conference and then we talk more about tacos, always tacos!
Relevant to your interests
- ChefConf Highlights
- Kube stuff
- Building Software
- Grab Bag
- U.S. regulators approve new Silicon Valley stock exchange
- Data collected by connected cars ends up with carmakers, not consumers
- Google attempts to shed light on the confusing 'Works with Nest' to 'Works with Google Assistant' transition
- HP Enterprise acquires supercomputer maker Cray in the race to "exascale" performance
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds® and one of their web APM tools: Loggly. It’s scalable cloud-based log management that won’t break the bank. Learn more or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Coming up in: San Francisco (June 4th & 5th), Atlanta (June 13th & 14th)…and back to a lot of US cities.
- ChefConf London 2019 June 19-20
- Monktoberfest, Oct 3rd and 4th - CFP now open.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.