This week we discuss the potential consequences of the EU’s Digital Markets Act, Gaming M&A and Docker’s latest funding. Plus, Coté offers advice about snakes….
- Security experts say new EU rules will damage WhatsApp encryption
- Europe says yes to messaging interoperability
- Amazon Game Studio Head Steps Down Amid Declining New World Active Players
- Netflix buys Boss Fight in latest gaming acquisition
- As Docker gains momentum, it hauls in $105M Series C on $2B valuation
Relevant to your Interests
- Mac Studio Teardown: No upgradable storage… yet
- Teen Suspected by Cyber Researchers of Being Lapsus$ Mastermind
- Apple acquires UK open banking startup Credit Kudos
- PlanetScale Rewind
- Apple launches the first driver’s license and state ID in Wallet with Arizona
- Google Cloud now lets you suspend and resume VMs – TechCrunch
- Sealed IBM files in age-discrimination case now public
- Want to smell in virtual reality? A Vermont-based startup has the technology
- Apple will reportedly sell the iPhone as a subscription service
- Nvidia CEO to Look at Intel for Foundry, Says Shift Will Be Hard (
- Instacart is slashing its valuation by almost 40% to $24B
- Texas has enough wind and solar power to replace coal almost entirely
- The Overcast Redesign: Part One
- Malicious Packages in npm Targeting Azure Developers
- Google Issues Emergency Security Warning For 3.2 Billion Chrome Users
- The public really have no idea what we do, do they
- The single-largest wind farm in North America comes online in Oklahoma
- Apple’s iPhone SE is the nail in the mmWave 5G coffin
- Gravity - Issue 1: Analytics
- HP seeks to ride hybrid work boom with $1.7 billion Poly buyout
- Chrome and Edge hit with V8 type confusion vulnerability with in-the-wild exploit
- Microsoft is using illegal bribes in the Middle East and Africa.
- Facebook paid GOP firm to malign TikTok
- Arm plans transfer of shares in renegade China unit to speed up IPO
- 20 Kubernetes Blogs, Journals, and Podcasts to Follow in 2022
- Okta: "We made a mistake" delaying the Lapsus$ hack disclosure
- Okta hack puts thousands of businesses on high alert
- More Okta
- The Okta Mess Is Even Worse Than It Appears
- Google Calendar now lets paid users create a “booking page” website
- Compose with Markdown in Google Docs on web
- HashiCorp co-founder Armon Dadgar speaks to The Reg
- Reference Letter
- Cybersecurity and Skin Care
- U.S. Nuclear Power to China? - Freakonomics
- Some news from Austin
- Dyson's First Wireless Headphones: Fresh Tunes and Fresh Air
- Jordi wants you to work at Harness
- Ryan wants you to become the Chief of Staff - CISO at DataDog
- Andrew wants you to work at Deepfactor where you will be known as a “Deepfactorianm.”
- Join the jobs channel in SDT Slack to learn more
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Traceroute — The Podcast for digital pioneers: https://origins.dev/
- Drata — Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot: https://drata.com/partner/SDT
- .Net Beyond conference watch the replay
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- Spring Tour Chicago, April 26th to 27th.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!