This week we discuss how the software supply chain impacts business continuity and analyze the latest attempt to disrupt Microsoft Excel. Plus, some thoughts on bread heels….
- On the weaponisation of open source
- Hacker Group Claims Access to User Authentication Firm Okta
- The tyranny of Microsoft Excel may finally be over
Relevant to your Interests
- Website Builder Webflow Hits $4 Billion Valuation As It Nears $100 Million Revenue
- Amazon Closes $8.5 Billion Acquisition of MGM
- BIG sabotage: Famous npm package deletes files to protest Ukraine war
- DeepMind's New AI: As Smart As An Engineer... Kind Of!
- Netflix CEO Says Account Sharing Is OK – TechCrunch
- About Netflix - Paying to Share Netflix Outside Your Household
- CURL is now 24
- Software is no longer sold; it's adopted
- Grafana Labs, raised $220 million in Series C
- Coatue-Backed Grafana Seeks Funds at $5 Billion-Plus Value
- Cribl raises $200M to help enterprises do more with their data
- Elon Musk's SpaceX has activated more than 5,000 Starlink internet terminals in Ukraine, report says
- The UK May Build a £16 Billion Solar Power Station in Space. Here’s How It Would Work
- Harness Expands Software Delivery Platform With Acquisition of ChaosNative and Launches Two New Modules to Help Developers Rapidly Deliver Resilient, Reliable, Secure Software
- Harness moves into chaos engineering with ChaosNative acquisition
- Apple hit with a widespread service outage
- SSH and Git, meet 1Password
- Twilio launches Flex Conversations, a unified chat API for contact centers
- Ford's F-150 Lightning will offer an EPA-rated 320 miles of range
- NVIDIA Introduces Grace CPU Superchip
- Long-Enduring COBOL May Still Have A Shelf Life
- RapidAPI Raises $150M Series D Led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 to Empower Developers to Innovate and Build Software Faster with APIs
- The Ubuntu Application
- COBOL modernization startup CloudFrame bags $7M Series A funding
- Updated Okta Statement on LAPSUS$
- Clocking in at $2.3 billion in losses, Business Email Compromise remains the elephant in the room.
- Google's McLaren sponsorship puts the Android robot and Chrome wheels on its 2022 F1 car
- Plain Text Sports
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- Traceroute — The Podcast for digital pioneers: https://origins.dev/
- .Net Beyond conference, March 30–31, 2022, online.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- Spring Tour Chicago, April 26th to 27th.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Coté: The Confidential Agent, **Graham Greene.
- Matt: Secrets of The Bullshark
- Brandon: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance