This week we discuss the state of severless, the agility equation and Twitter goes blue. Plus, what exactly happens in an Internet Minute…?
- The Unfulfilled Promise of Serverless
- Twitter will now let you pay to undo tweets and read ad-free news in the US
- From Amazon to Zoom: What Happens in an Internet Minute In 2021?
- Clubhouse rolls out Replay to let users record live rooms and share them later
Relevant to your interests
- HashiCorp: Benchmarking the S-1 Data
- Cloudflare Announces Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Hello, world! Meet Kyndryl, the services biz spun-out by IBM
- Google is working on a more user-friendly way to find files in Drive
- Habitica - Gamify Your Life
- Red Hat to hire fewer senior engineers after budget frozen
- Datadog Acquires Ozcode - Ozcode
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Platforms
- To reinvent work, we have to destroy the clock
- We've gone backwards since the Bronze Age with calendars
- AWS Announces Plans to Open Second Region in Canada
- Security software company McAfee acquired for $14 billion
- Unity is buying Peter Jackson’s Weta Digital for over $1.6B
- Amazon’s Cloud’s New Boss Is Girding to Defend Turf in the Field Company Pioneered
- GE to break up into 3 companies focusing on aviation, health care and energy
- You’re scheduling too many 1:1 meetings
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- Coté speaking at DevOops (Russia), Nov 11th: “Kubernetes is not for developers…?”
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022 — Now with the right link
- Jordan wants you to work as an SRE at Shopify. Fully remote in Americas, Hawaii, APAC and EMEA
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: macOS disk size utility
- Matt: Cloud Native AF #5: Charming Pirates and the Funnel to Contributors