This week we discuss Splunk’s CEO Transition, Crypto.com renames the Staples Center and Netlify’s attempt to realize Git Push Nirvana. Plus, when do house shoes become just shoes.
- Splunk stock plunges as CEO Doug Merritt steps down
- Git Push Nirvana
- Goodbye, Staples Center. Hello, Crypto.com Arena
Relevant to your interests
- ManualsLib - Makes it easy to find manuals online!
- Spotify expands into audiobooks with acquisition of Findaway
- Apple’s unexciting 2021 Mac and iPhone software prove it should take a break from annual OS updates
- Red Hat 8.5 released with SQL Server and .NET 6
- Business Essentials
- FBI system hacked to email 'urgent' warning about fake cyberattacks
- Citrix Systems Inc. Layoffs - TheLayoff.com
- if you use the "Cost Explorer" to check the details of your bill, they will charge you $0.01 (yes, 1 cent) per each request?
- Vizio’s profit on ads, subscriptions, and data is double the money it makes selling TVs
- Seven years after last venture investment, Mixpanel scores $200M Series C – TechCrunch
- Twitter acquires Threader, an app that compiles and shares threads – TechCrunch
- PlanetScale raises $50M Series C as its enterprise database service hits general availability – TechCrunch
- Frontpage -- Terms of Service; Didn't Read
- Snowflake adds Python option for developers
- 5 ways to improve mental health for software developers
- Here's why identity software firm Okta plans to open a retail location in New York City
- Akamai Exec Rick McConnell to Succeed John Van Siclen as Dynatrace CEO - GovCon Wire
- Twilio CEO touts company's long-term growth outlook after recent stock plunge
- AWS Channel Chief Doug Yeum Stepping Down
- The future of work
- Apple announces Self Service Repair
- Introducing the Icelandverse
- MoviePass is coming back, under original founder Stacy Spikes
- Dude, he’s back.
- Mattress company Casper to be sold in private equity deal
- Corey Quinn explains AppConfig
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022 — Now with the right link
- Tim wants you to work as a Principal Architect, Commercial and Medical IT in Warsaw, Boston or RTP
- Jeffrey wants to work at Blizzard as Reliability Engineer
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!