This week we discuss CentOS going upstream, Kubernetes removes Docker support and who’s buying the AirPods Max. Plus, Coté critiques Apple’s Notes App.
- Apple introduces AirPods Max, the magic of AirPods in a stunning over-ear design
Relevant to your Interests
- Inside the Baffling World of Masayoshi Son's Presentations
- SoftBank Is Discussing a ‘Slow-Burn’ Buyout to Go Private
- Stocks, M&A and VCs
- Why Snowflake's stock price just jumped 16%
- DoorDash skyrockets 80% in market debut, opening at $182 per share
- SoftBank Vision Fund turns $680 million DoorDash investment into $11.5 billion based on Wednesday's opening price
- Firebolt raises $37M to take on Snowflake, Amazon and Google with a new approach to data warehousing
- Cisco to buy software firm IMImobile in $730 million deal
- Calm raises $75M more at $2B valuation
- Tony Hsieh’s American Tragedy: The Self-Destructive Last Months Of The Zappos Visionary
- IBM bet the company on hybrid cloud. Analysts just rated it a mere 'contender' for hybrid management
- Cloudflare and Apple design a new privacy-friendly internet protocol
- Austin's popularity knows no limits | LinkedIn
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA 2020 Recap
- U.S. and States Say Facebook Illegally Crushed Competition
- The Google Disease Afflicting AWS - Last Week in AWS
- The Return to the Office Gets Put on Hold
- Puppet’s journey into Continuous Compliance
- Nomad 1.0 is released!
- GitHub introduces dark mode and auto-merge pull request
- Daily Insights
- VMware COO Jumps Ship To Become New Nutanix CEO
- The State of the Octoverse
- Warner’s 2021 releases also going to HBO Max
- Hyundai spends almost $1B to buy Boston Dynamics, makers of Spot dog robot
- Elon Musk confirms he has moved to Texas
- Handwonden door ontpitten avocado's groeiend probleem
- Teleport provides consolidated access to all computing resources such as servers, Kubernetes clusters or internal applications across all environments. Watch a demo, download the free version, or sign up for cloud at goteleport.com
- Twilio is the platform developers trust to build communications experiences with phone calls, text messages, video calls, and more. Visit twilio.com to learn more.
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.
Twilio is the platform that millions of developers trust to build seamless communications experiences with phone calls, text messages, video calls, and more. It’s time to build. Visit http://twilio.com to learn more.
Teleport provides consolidated access to all computing resources such as servers, Kubernetes clusters or internal applications across all environments. Watch a demo, download the free version, or sign up for cloud at goteleport.com.