I don’t understand how that works but I want to learn more
Episode 276 · December 17th, 2020 · 1 hr 3 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss the state of virtual events, recent AWS re:Invent Announcements and the SolarWinds Hack. Plus, is YouTube Premium worth it…?
- AWS re:Invent
- AWS CloudShell
- AWS Fault Injection Simulator – Fully managed chaos engineering service
- Amazon Managed Service for Grafana | Fully Managed Grafana Data Visualization
- Our new partnership with AWS gives Grafana users more options
- AWS Distro for OpenTelemetry – Amazon Web Services
- AWS and Zoom Extend Strategic Relationship
- State of Cloud 2018 Report
- Russian government spies are behind a broad hacking campaign that has breached U.S. agencies and a top cyber firm
- Solar Winds, probably hacked by Russia, serves White House, Pentagon, NASA
- SolarWinds Exposed FTP Credentials Publicly in a Github Repo
- ~18,000 organizations downloaded backdoor planted by Cozy Bear hackers
- SolarWinds hackers have a clever way to bypass multi-factor authentication
- Hackers at center of sprawling spy campaign turned SolarWinds' dominance against it
- New Evidence Suggests SolarWinds' Codebase Was Hacked to Inject Backdoor
- SolarWinds attack explained: And why it was so hard to detect
- More Hacking Attacks Found as Officials Warn of ‘Grave Risk’ to U.S. Government
- iOS 14.3 now available, here are the new features
Relevant to your Interests
- Nobody Owns Linux, But You Can Pay For It – Or Not
- Amazon Wants to Train 29 Million People to Work in the Cloud
- SoftBank has reportedly sold Boston Dynamics to Hyundai
- Oracle reports slow revenue growth as licensing and hardware businesses decline
- Oracle is moving its headquarters from Silicon Valley to Austin, Texas
- After The US Election, Key People Are Leaving Facebook And Torching The Company In Departure Notes
- New Relic acquires Kubernetes observability platform Pixie Labs – TechCrunch
- AI Algorithms Are Slimming Down to Fit in Your Fridge
- Vista Equity Partners Agrees to Buy Software Maker Pluralsight
- Google's YouTube, Gmail recover after global outage
- ‘Damn Good Taco’ Maker Torchy’s Sells Stake to General Atlantic
- The Office’s Brian Baumgartner to Make $1 Million in 2020 from Cameo Bookings
- AAdvantage program updates − AAdvantage program − American Airlines
- The 71 Best Podcasts of 2020 | Discover the Best Podcasts | Discover Pods
- Twilio is the platform developers trust to build communications experiences with phone calls, text messages, video calls, and more. Visit twilio.com to learn more.
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- From Slack Flow by Moleskine · Flow
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Matt: AppleTV+ and Tiny World.
- Brandon: Tenet.
- Coté: Eve strip lights.
Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.
Twilio is the platform that millions of developers trust to build seamless communications experiences with phone calls, text messages, video calls, and more. It’s time to build. Visit http://twilio.com to learn more.