There is no passion in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Episode 256 · September 11th, 2020 · 54 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Cote and Brandon discuss Chef being acquired, the Private Equity Operating Model and Gartner’s Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services (CIPS) Magic Quadrant. Plus, Cote offers advice on peanut better and jelly sandwiches.
- Gartner MQ Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services (CIPS)
Relevant to your Interests
- Epic v. Apple
- Netflix Culture
- Kube Corner
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is set to plow more than $550 million into Snowflake when the cloud-data company goes public | Markets Insider
- CloudBees Supports General Public License (GPL) Cooperation Commitment
- Chromium’s impact on root DNS traffic | APNIC Blog
- SaaS and Moving Downmarket - MongoDB’s Transformation
- TikTok plans Los Angeles "transparency center" to assuage critics
- Red Hat Launches an OpenShift-Based Marketplace to Aid Multicloud Portability
- These students figured out their tests were graded by AI — and the easy way to cheat
- CNCF Landscape Puzzle | Etsy
- Carol Baskins Recommends Emacs
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Sidequest — Start tracking your tasks in Slack. Start your free 30-day trial today at: getsidequest.app/sdt. Use promo code SDT for 50% off the first six months.
- Devops World 2020 by CloudBees | The Future of DevOps & Jenkins. September 22-24, 2020
- EnvoyCon 2020 October 15, 2020
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon November 17 – 20
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: Epic Games episode of Acquired Podcast.
- Coté: Kubernetes and portability (Simon Sharwood summary, original from Marco Meinardi).