Coté finally learns what HashiCorp does. Also, yellow rubber gloves.
- Blur my foreground, that’s what I want.
- No Yodas
- Lot of rubber gloves in your youth?
- I have never really enjoyed a Steven King book.
- Maybe it’s for the Rip Van Winkle set
- You watch Netflix, you should watch more Netflix.
- I don’t need your recommendations, don’t tell me how to live my life.
- It was like a bunch of Duplo blocks in a junior high theater class.
- As someone said: teams is like a front-end to Sharepoint
- The screenshot they showed was kind of like Teams.
- Why can’t they make it 100% OK?
- You’ve got a big TV, put me on it!
Relevant to your interests
- Microsoft Teams vs. Zoom vs. Skype
- Does anyone really know what the deal is with this JEDI thing? - The Pentagon says it 'wishes to reconsider' the award to Microsoft of the $10 billion JEDI cloud computing contract
- HashiCorp - Vagrant sure is valuable!
- Rancher - EDGE, BABY!
- npm is joining GitHub - The GitHub Blog
- CNCF starts new artifact hub - “pre-alpha stadium.”
- Using 6 Page and 2 Page Documents To Make Organizational Decisions
- Book review: The Real Deal - technology deal making in the 2020's
- Apple announces online-only WWDC 2020 due to coronavirus spread
- Righting a Wrong: IBM is a Leader in the Cloud...
- Trump Surprised Google With a Bogus Coronavirus Site Claim
- Google: G Suite now has 2 billion users
- Coronavirus quarantine enforced for all people entering Australia, lockdowns on the table
- Coronavirus Will Change How We Shop, Travel and Work for Years
- Microsoft Teams goes down just as Europe logs on to work remotely
- NSW govt pledges to introduce mandatory data breach reporting
- What’s in a Name? How Pivotal’s Products Are Being Renamed as Part of VMware Tanzu
- Announcing OpenShift Serverless 1.5.0 Tech Preview - A sneak peek of our GA
- Google indefinitely delays the digital version of its Cloud Next conference
- Microsoft starts a grand unification attempt with .NET 5
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro with LiDAR Scanner and trackpad support in iPadOS
- Spectro Cloud Launches With $7.5 Million to Help Enterprises Realize the Promise of Kubernetes
- Not just video-conferencing apps taking a dive: IBM Cloud hit by partial Tuesday outage
- Ansible DevOps comes to the mainframe
- Mainframe Developers Get Boost From BMC Acquisition Of Compuware
- How Much Toilet Paper?! The Coronavirus Toilet Paper Calculator
- You can now get alcohol delivered with your food when you order from Texas restaurants, Gov. Abbott says
Arrested DevOps Podcast:
Subscribe today by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in you favorite podcast app or by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2020 — Cancelled or Postponed.
- ChefConf 2020 June 2, All Digital.
- DevOpsDays Minneapolis, August 4 - 5, 2020 use code SDT for 10% off registration.
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells®.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: Devs on FX/Hulu .
- Matt Ray: KLF: Chaos Magic Music Money.
- Coté: Look Up.
Outro: “They’ll work until the very last minute,” Dune.