Self quarantining with half-baked bread
Most of our time is spent discussing the joys of eating half-baked bread. We also discuss what a Tanzu is, kubernetes konspiracy theories, and Oxide the new private cloud hardware startup...wait, wut? Hey! Spring Live next week, March 19th starting at 9am California-time - 24 hours! Attend!
- Fresh Bread Talk
- I’ve mentioned this before
- You’re suppose to listen
- A tall glass of ice-tea.
- The most Dutch thing ever.
- Half-baked bread.
- American’s tea innovation lead.
- Strong opinions loosely held is canceled.
Relevant to your interests
- If you run (VCF) VMware stuff, you can have kubernetes now. TAS/PAS will be moved to run on that sometime later - same stack as we’ve had at Pivotal is still, of course, alive and well.
- Interview with Pat Gelsinger on VMware
- VMware Rejuvenates Once Again With Kubernetes Injection
- VMWare KeyBanc Capital Markets Write Up
- VMware Tanzu Service Mesh, built on VMware NSX is Now Available!
- Kube Corner
- NVIDIA to Acquire SwiftStack
- Landmark Computer Science Proof Cascades Through Physics and Math | Quanta Magazine
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey gets to keep his job — for now
- Robinhood goes down again,
- Assessing ERP upgrades in the 21st century
- Vista Equity mulls options for IT automation and security provider Infoblox
- Popular VPN And Ad-Blocking Apps Are Secretly Harvesting User Data
- Before it sued Google for copying from Java, Oracle got rich copying IBM’s SQL
- This startup now has millions in no-strings-attached money because one of Silicon Valley's most famous VC firms had to walk away from the deal
- Australia sues Facebook for $529 billion. That's more than the government makes in a year.
- This little server startup wants to take on a horde of tech giants
- Who’s staying home because of COVID-19?
- Airlines are burning thousands of gallons of fuel flying empty 'ghost' planes so they can keep their flight slots during the coronavirus outbreak
- What's in your wallet? A lot less interest, unless you notice this one word...
Arrested DevOps Podcast:
Subscribe today by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in you favorite podcast app or by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2020 May 4th and 5th.
- ChefConf 2020 in Seattle June 1-4.
- DevOpsDays Minneapolis, August 4 - 5, 2020 use code SDT for 10% off registration.
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells®.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.