This week the title says it all. There’s also some more bread talk.
- “I love the talk about bread, can I get some stickers.”
- Do they have markdown in Intranets now?
- Kicking to fit use cases.
- Porting of Ports
- Crapplications, aka, “Crappity crap”
Relevant to your interests
- Microsoft will stop supporting millions of computers running Windows 7 on Tuesday — here's what you need to know
- Now It's Really, Truly Time to Give Up Windows 7
- Google acquires AppSheet to bring no-code development to Google Cloud
- Check out that Agriculture Inspection app!
- Stack Overflow Bolsters Leadership Team With New Chief Product Officer, Teresa Dietrich
- Spotify Is Now the Single Biggest Podcasting Platform
- Rob Bearden takes over as Cloudera CEO
- Microsoft Azure has an edge over Amazon Web Services at big companies, Goldman Sachs survey says
- Observability — A 3-Year Retrospective
- Anthos Ups Google’s Enterprise Efforts
- The president of Marc Benioff's Time reveals how he plans to restore the neglected title and make it a billion-dollar business
- The Endgame for LinkedIn Is Coming
- Equinix is acquiring bare metal cloud provider Packet
- Your iPhone can now help you securely log into your Google account with a simple tap
- Google pays $160m for Irish retail tech company Pointy
- Mozilla lays off 70 as it waits for new products to generate revenue
- M&A: Negotiations Don't Start Until Someone Says No
- Red Hat OpenShift Updates Hit Multi-Cloud, Security
- Introducing Red Hat OpenShift 4.3 to Enhance Kubernetes Security
- Top 20 IT Podcasts of 2020
- When Buying in Bulk Is a Mistake
- Zero Mass Water has a new rooftop well that pulls water out of the air
- CES 2020: The Planty Cube Aims to Make Vertical Farming More Modular and Automated
Arrested DevOps Podcast:
If you are a Software Defined Talk Listener then we know you love Tech Podcasts and this week sponsor is another great tech podcast — Arrested DevOps. The Arrested DevOps podcast will help you achieve understanding, develop good practices, and operate your team and organization for maximum DevOps awesomeness.
Arrested DevOps is hosted by Matt Stratton, Trevor Hess, and Bridget Kromhout. All the hosts are active in the DevOps community and they help put on DevOps days all over the world. So what are you waiting for you can subscribe today by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in you favorite podcast app or by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- NO-SSH-JJ wants you go to DeliveryConf in Seattle on Jan 21st & 22nd, Use promo code: SDT10 to get 10% off. JJ wants you to read about Delivery Conf Format too.
- June 1-4: ChefConf 2020
- KubeCon EU, March 30 – April 2*,* use discount code KCEUSDP15 for 15% off.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2020 May 4th and 5th
- Listener Brett wants you to go to THAT Conference August 3 - 6, 2020 - Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells, WI. Call for Counselors (Speakers) open until March 1st.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.