This week: that best gadgets from the past ten years article, dreams of kubernetes on old hardware, and 451 Research’s acquisition.
Ask us questions for the next episode with the tag #asksdt — recording next week.
- Remember the Law of Hammarabi.
- They’re not the Poynter institute or anything.
- Are we going to be blamed for all the problems?
- Kubernetes on the barby.
- It’s all the same broken stuff.
- Broken ankle con.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- A bunch of old hardware, some Kubernetes, you got a stew going!
- The Carl Weathers Cluster.
- I’m really good at thinking while I talk.
- Just ignore the baby yoda.
Relevant to your interests
- The 100 most important gadgets of the decade.
- Broken ankle conference.
- S&P Global Acquires 451 Research, LLC.
- Ubuntu pro.
- Facebook sells off Oculus Medium to Adobe.
- Amazon blames Trump for losing $10 billion JEDI cloud contract to Microsoft.
- This podcaster wants to catch you up on the news on your ride home, no matter what you’re into.
- Ring's Hidden Data Let Us Map Amazon's Sprawling Home Surveillance Network.
- AWS is sick of waiting for your company to move to the cloud.
- Cloud Wars CEO of the Year 2019: Thomas Kurian of Google Cloud.
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft: Here's Who Has the Greenest Cloud.
- Canonical announces Ubuntu Pro for Amazon Web Services.
- Eclipse Foundation Warns Operators: Don’t Be a ‘Dumb Pipe’ for AWS.
- CNCF Cloud Native Interactive Landscape.
- BPF: A New Type of Software.
- AI Hiring Algorithm
- The Apple TV remote is so bad that a Swiss TV company developed a normal replacement
- Air France-KLM Group steps up cooperation with Qantas Group
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and one of their APM tools – Loggly. To try it FREE for 14 days, just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.
Arrested DevOps Podcast:
Subscribe today by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in you favorite podcast app or by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- NO-SSH-JJ wants you go to DeliveryConf in Seattle on Jan 21st & 22nd, Use promo code: SDT10 to get 10% off. JJ wants you to read about Delivery Conf Format too.
- June 1-4: ChefConf 2020
- Jordi wants you to go to GitLab Commit Jan. 14th
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- We’re giving away one digital copy of Righting Software. The first person that DM’s @bwhichard on Twitter or in the SDT Slack gets a copy.
- Matt: On the Metal podcast; How Buildings Learn.
- Brandon: General Magic the Movie.
- Coté: The Mandalorian.
Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/ or by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in your favorite podcast app.
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and one of their web APM tools: Loggly. It’s scalable cloud-based log management that won’t break the bank. Learn more or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.