SLOs, SLIs, SLAs, and SRE, or, Finding “The Business”
How do SLOs really work, and how do you find "the business"? The three of us couldn't get together this week, so we have an interview this week with Google's Nathen Harvey about SRE. We also talk about European egg hygiene.
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds ® and one of their APM tools: Loggly .
When there is a service disruption, seconds matter. Don’t waste time looking for logs or
combing through endless screens of events. Let SolarWinds Loggly aggregate, manage, and
analyze all your log data so you quickly spot issues, jump to the relevant event messages, and
identify the root cause. And, the Loggly in-context integration with SolarWinds AppOptics ™ adds rich performance instrumentation and distributed tracing to further accelerate identification of root cause and significantly reduce MTTR.
Spend less time troubleshooting and more time innovating with context in your logs.
Loggly is scalable, cloud-based log management that won’t break the bank. Plus, SDT listeners get a special 20% off your first year of Loggly from now until September 30. Offer for new customers only.
To try it FREE for 14 days just go to loggly.com/sdt.
If it logs, it can log to Loggly.
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things.
- Cloud Expo Asia Singapore, Oct 9th and 10th
- DevOpsDays Sydney 2019, October 10th and 11th
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Coté: sit at a cafe in Paris and people watch.