There’s a new kubernetes, Oracle lay-offs, Zoom.US, and the problem with mainframe complainers.
USB-C. Fuck that shit.
Don’t read the comments.
Don’t throw out the executives with the bathwater.
They’re using 1/24th of their ass
Sometime in the future, I am going to be awesome!
If I have a rock question I’ll ask you.
Things aren’t too expensive, you’re just not getting enough value from them.
Light a fire in an air-tight room. Outrun the bear.
Relevant to your interests
- Zoom IPO
- Oracle Trims Staff During Difficult Transition to Cloud Services
- Oracle reportedly axes hundreds or more staff from its engineering teams
- Kubernetes 1.14 Adds Windows and Storage Support, Is Light on Sec
- OnAll the Game Streaming Services Google Stadia Is Up Against
- Apple Has A New Credit Card. Here’s What You Need To Know.
- Debunking the open source sustainability myth
- Oracle customers fear Oracle's reaction if they use Amazon's or Microsoft's cloud, survey shows
- Red Hat reports mixed Q4 ahead of IBM merger
- Google makes emails more dynamic with AMP for Email
- Azure Data Box family meets customers at the edge
- AWS App Mesh - Application-level networking for all your services - Amazon Web Services
- Europe splits the internet into three
- Microsoft Unveils Azure Backup for SQL Server
- Mary Jo Foley covers Microsoft in depth, like, for years.
- Bi-modal IT, according to Gartner.
- Aussie engineer accuses 'serial farter' supervisor of bullying, seeks $1.8m redress
- WOW airlines (Iceland) shuts down. Too cheap?
- Micro-topic/follow-up: the MacBook Air I have is noticeably slow with some things, e.g., unlocking 1Password, loading pptx's, etc.
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds® and one of their DevOps tools: AppOptics™.
It’s SaaS-hosted, easy to manage, and budget friendly. Learn more, or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://appoptics.com/sdt .
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- April 11th, 2019 - Coté at DevOps Meetup, Cape Town.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringTours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- ChefConf 2019 May 20-23. Matt’s speaking!
- ChefConf London 2019 June 19-20
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you a free laptop sticker!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Cote: Patagona 3-in-1 Tre’s Parka. My blog, cote.io, it’s back! Bruce Sterling talks - I realized that me aping his style causes the style problems people give me notes on, i.e., jokes flying by without time to laugh at them, insiderisms, etc. FUCK IT, DUDE, LET’S BOWL!
- Matt: “offline macos netflix. Also, The Culture Map by Erin Meyer.
Outro: “Emmylou,” First Aid Kit.