IBM Watson didn’t work so well in health care, maybe it was too early. Also, Chef goes full open source, with Apache 2. Meanwhile, Coté has to pay taxes in two countries.
- My dog’s in a cone right now.
- I gotta go play some video games.
- This is not premium content.
- There’s a Ted talk in here.
- I like my science fiction truck-stoppy.
- You can go nuts with the code, where ever you like.
- You are taco-eating hologram.
- Molemite is the worst.
Relevant to your interests
- How IBM Watson Overpromised and Underdelivered on AI Health Care
- Apple cancels AirPower product, citing inability to meet its high standards for hardware
- BMC brings back Beauchamp as interim CEO
- Fine-Grained Sandboxing with V8 Isolates
- Hitting Microsoft's metal: SUSE flings Enterprise Linux at SAP HANA on Azure
- TOC Votes to Move OPA into CNCF Incubator - Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Google stuff
- Chef stuff
- Facebook will stop asking new users for their email passwords
- Media Companies Take a Big Gamble on Apple
- Ex-Mozilla CTO: US border cops demanded I unlock my phone, laptop at SF airport – and I'm an American citizen
- Cloud Foundry :heart: Kubernetes.
- Elon Musk drops surprise rap single about Harambe.
- Finance World Faces Chaos As Patagonia Rejects Orders Of Corporate Power Vests.
- Microsoft gives up on US Excel Pros.
- Doin’ OK, gotta whole lotta milka.
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds® and one of their DevOps tools: AppOptics™.
It’s SaaS-hosted, easy to manage, and budget friendly. Learn more, or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://appoptics.com/sdt .
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- April 11th, 2019 - Coté at DevOps Meetup, Cape Town.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringTours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- ChefConf 2019 May 20-23. Matt’s speaking!
- ChefConf London 2019 June 19-20
- Daryl from Pennsylvania starred SDT in Overcast so I sent him the last Gray T-Shirt
- Matthew from Boca Raton, FL wrote a Twitter review for the show, which is genius so I sent him the last T-shat.
- Thanks to everyone who supported the show by buying a T-Shirts, writing on a review or telling a friend.
- Karl from Gainesville, VA tell us” Love it when you three are back together.” and so he got stickers
- Richard from Rotterdam in the Netherlands tell us we are representing the Enterprise well and I sent him some stickers.
- Clive from Brooklyn, NY got some stickers are promises to spread the word in his local coffee shops!
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you a free laptop sticker!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.