Ten years ago Dell launched the developer laptop, shipping a Linux desktop of their best gear. In this episode, Coté talks with Barton George who's lead the project about Project Sputnik, lessons learned about innovating in large companies, and compressed air can sponsorships.
- Check out Barton's overview of the most recent Dell XPS 13 Plus developer edition, and the laptop itself and other Linux on Dell machine.
- Also, Barton mentions the new Dell Developer site, which you can see here.
- Dell Linux Workstations, Laptops, and Desktops - In addition to XPS 13 and Precision developer systems, this also features the Linux-enabled Latitude and Optiplex lines. Latitude and Optiplex are part of the broader Dell Linux portfolio which is made up of over 100 systems.
- Dell's Sputnik - Git what you want, 2021.
- Project Sputnik --_ Cote interviews Barton_, May 7, 2012.
- Sputnik Developer Laptop Overview (Barton George), July 19, 2012.
- Barton George interviewed at OSCON 2012, July 19, 2012
- “Precise Pangolin” - was code name for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (which the first XPS 13 developer edition launched with)
- Names of months
This interview was done on December 12th, 2022.