2022 Year in Review
Episode 394 · December 30th, 2022 · 1 hr 25 mins
About this Episode
This week we revisit the major cloud news and tech trends of 2022. Topics include: hyperscaler growth, remote work, missed opportunities and what were watching in 2023. Plus, we buy or sell: Serverless, Blockchain, Crypto, Twitter and Cloud Repatriation/FinOps.
Watch the YouTube Live Recording of Episode 394
- Software Defined Talk is Going Hardcore
- The Old Dr. Skateboard
- What a World
- The Pile-On Lifestyle
- A little more in booth directions
- Cloud Bucket
- We’ve done all the stuff
- Predictions and Hopes and Dreams
- Working from home is over like COVID is over
- It fell down the Chasm of Nonsense
- Bring in the Big Monkeys
- What were the major Cloud/Hyperscaler stories?
- Has the economic downturn killed WFH? and Remote Work
- Buy or Sell: Serverless, Blockchain, Crypto, Twitter, Cloud Repatriation
- What are we watching this year?
- What were the biggest missed opportunities?
- Best Digital Transformation Success of 2023
- THAT Conference Texas Speakers and Schedule, Round Rock, TX Jan 15th-18th
- Use code SDT for 5% off
- State of Open Con 2023, London, UK, February 7th-8th 2023
- CloudNativeSecurityCon North America, Seattle, Feb 1 – 2, 2023
- DevOpsDays Birmingham, AL 2023, April 20 - 21, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Echo 3
- Matt: Triple Trail Challenge 2023
- Coté: Apple’s new app, Freeform - a little beta-ish (typical Apple 1.0), but worth checking out.