This week we discuss the Pentagon’s new C loud Contract, Day 2 at Amazon and Nutanix acquisition rumors. Plus, some thoughts on kids and headphones…
- We’re always recording, Coté, we’re not always streaming.
- I live the middle.
- Best 10 microphones to put in a drawer and never use.
- The lanyard is a child-management platform
- “That’s great, Brandon…”
- Finally DNS does something good
- Amazon is a dog now
- But then what?
- N equals me
- Google, Oracle, Amazon, and Microsoft awarded $9 billion Pentagon cloud deals
- Amazon CEO, Putting Stamp on Company, Promotes Four Executives
- Amazon's heroic phase is over
- A Faster Horse
- Layoffs, buyouts, and rescinded offers: Amazon’s status as a top tech employer
- Report: HPE has expressed interest in acquiring Nutanix
- Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami Talks Broadcom, VMware, And His Vision
Relevant to your Interests
- What if failure is the plan?
- Tensions Grew at Salesforce Between Co-CEOs Benioff and Taylor
- Apple advances user security with powerful new data protections
- ChatGPT has crossed 1M+ users in just 5 days.
- A good discussion on ChatGPT from Benedict Evans
- OpenAI ChatGPT is now an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner!
- Airtable, last valued at $11 billion for its no-code software, lays off over 250
- Hello from GitHub’s new Chief Product Officer | The GitHub Blog
- As Carvana crashes hard, used car dealers — not buyers — stand to win big
- Amazon Wants to Kill the Barcode
- RIP Passwords? Passkey support rolls out to Chrome stable
- An Introduction to Event-Driven Architectures
- Broadcom braced for full EU probe into $61B VMware buyout
- AWS Events
- Ngrok, a service to help devs deploy sites, services and apps, raises $50M
- The death of Rackspace's ‘Fanatical Support’
- News aggregator Flipboard to add user-generated "conversations"
- Snyk scores another $196M as valuation drops 12% to $7.4B
- Japan to Join US Effort to Tighten Chip Exports to China
- LSEG and Microsoft launch 10-year strategic partnership
- Oracle beats on top and bottom lines
- How Slack’s Marriage to Salesforce Crumbled
- Dr Pepper Unveils Limited-Edition Bourbon Flavored Fansville Reserve
- Hertz Car-Rental Company to Pay $168 Million over False Arrests
- THAT Conference Texas Speakers and Schedule, Round Rock, TX Jan 15th-18th
- Use code SDT for 5% off
- State of Open Con 2023, London, UK, February 7th-8th 2023
- CloudNativeSecurityCon North America, Seattle, Feb 1 – 2, 2023
- DevOpsDays Birmingham, AL 2023, April 20 - 21, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Wednesday **on Netflix
- Matt: RIP Mike Leach
- Swing your Sword via Brandon
- Coté: Fishman’s Friend, which I should have some of in this episode. Substack.