This week we discuss Werner’s AWS Keynote, Event-Based Architectures and the potential of ChatGPT. Plus, some thoughts on International Condiments.
- It’s never stopped us before.
- Ranch dressing divine/Before the Big Bang, it was/Eternal condiment
- Three kinds of mayonnaise
- An aspirational architectural pattern.
- There’s not a lot of architectural thought out there.
- I don’t have a computer science degree.
- It’s just a bunch of programming, how hard could it be?
- Is it a utopian Wall-E or not?
- AWS re:Invent 2022 - Keynote with Dr. Werner Vogels
- ChatGPT: Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue
Relevant to your Interests
- Elastic Earnings
- Snowflake Earnings
- IBM and Maersk Abandon Ship on TradeLens Logistics Blockchain
- OpenStack cloud sees explosive growth
- Amazon EC2 Instance Types - Amazon Web Services
- HYPR, the Leader in Phishing-Resistant MFA, Raises $25M
- Future is quietly shutting down
- Andreessen Horowitz's buzzy tech publication Future is shutting down
- AWS launches Application Composer, a low-code tool for building serverless apps
- No one seemed to see Bret Taylor stepping away from Salesforce (even Marc Benioff)
- Major password manager LastPass suffered a breach — again
- Here's everything AWS announced in its re:Invent data keynote
- Cloudflare hikes prices by a quarter
- Twitter lawsuit
- the only cheat sheet you need
- Google Plans to Lay Off 10,000 'Poor Performing' Employees. Why That's a Big Lie, According to Harvard Professor
- Broadcom again tries to quash VMware price rise rumors
- Rackspace email outage continues as migrations prove hard
- If Rowy has its way, if you can use Excel, you can build software
- Axiom launches its automated identity and access management platform
- The E-Mail Newsletter for the Mogul Set
- The EU hosted a 24-hour party in its $400,000 metaverse to appeal to young people, but pretty much no one showed up
- mIRC ended its lifetime license agreement with all who purchased its software 10 years out
- Security compliance and automation platform Drata nabs $200M at $2B valuation
- 9 insights on real world container use
- Bret Taylor to step down as Salesforce co-CEO
- Tableau Software CEO Mark Nelson steps down
- Confirmed: Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield stepping down in January
- Microsoft Teams adds free communities feature to take on Facebook and Discord
- Advent of Code
- The difference between a snafu, a shitshow, and a clusterfuck
- Dangerously Advanced Git
- THAT Conference Texas Speakers and Schedule, Round Rock, TX Jan 15th-18th
- Use code SDT for 5% off
- New State of Open Con 2023, London, UK, February 7th-8th 2023
- CloudNativeSecurityCon North America, Seattle, Feb 1 – 2, 2023
- DevOpsDays Birmingham, AL 2023, April 20 - 21, 2023
- Send “End of Year” listener questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tim recommends Stratechery (with Ben Thompson) | Acquired Podcast
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!