Everything is a nail, find your hammers
Episode 373 · August 19th, 2022 · 56 mins 24 secs
About this Episode
This week we discuss Acorn’s attempt to simplify Kubernetes, the top 25 DevOps Tools and analyzing data in CSVs. Plus, Matt explains what Maccas means.
- All I am doing is sharing anecdotes
- That’s the problem with spellcheck
- College here is High School
- Every cloud has its own sausage
- Here’s a unicode cow
- All Rust looks the same
- Too Good for GitHub
- The Shameful GitHub
- Simplifying Kubernetes,
- 25 Most Popular Programming Languages Used By DevOps Pros
- Making sense of CSV
- Passwords still a problem
Relevant to your Interests
- Malcolm Gladwell doesn't want you to have a life
- Disney says it has 221 million streaming subscribers. Netflix has 220.7 million.
- AppLovin offers to buy video game software maker Unity in $17.5 bln deal
- No-code isn’t scalable. Our learnings at FINN going from 1000 toward 100,000 car subscriptions
- Google fined $60 million over Android location data collection
- Software is eating the world (of farm equipment)?
- Investing in Flow
- Tencent veterans secure $13M to build cross-chain decentralized identities
- Bad Visualisations
- TikTok says Project Texas will bolster security for US users – TechCrunch
- Apple Sets Return-to-Office Deadline of Sept. 5 After Covid Delays
- Corey’s Thoughts on GCP canceling IoT
- Securing apps for Googlers using Anthos Service Mesh
- Digital Ocean dumps Mailchimp after security breach
- WebOps: A DevOps for Websites, but the Tools Let It Down
- Citrix Bankers Pitch Fresh Structure for $15 Billion Buyout Debt
- Scammers targeting recent grads
- Lift and shift Windows applications to containers
- Snake bites 2-year-old girl, who bites it back until it dies
- A man returning from Indonesia to Australia was fined thousands of Australian dollars after airport security found several McDonalds food items in his luggage
- Join the Cloud Austin Meetup
- Register for the SDT Austin Meetup August 27th at 6:30 PM
- DevOpsDays DFW, August 24-25, 2022 - Coté speaking, along with John Willis, Andrew Shafer, and friends
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022 - Coté’s pitch.
- Kubecon. Oct. 24 – 28
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Piranesi
- Matt: Tailscale