Don’t do any editing
Episode 372 · August 12th, 2022 · 1 hr 2 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss build vs. buy decisions, sustaining corporate strategies and Malcolm Gladwell’s WFH comments. Plus, we announce the location of the Austin Meetup on August 27th.
- Strategy for eating mixed nuts.
- Finish in a flurry
- Eat Dessert First
- It’s about where you is, not where you was.
- We don’t even own a copy of Illustrator
- Lost his fastball
- Just a paycheck
- It’s cool to be the “turns out” person
- Pizza, Beer, Enjoyment
- McKinsey Titles, the movie
- App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy blew up the digital advertising ecosystem
- Netflix Games Engaging Less Than 1 Percent of Subscribers
- Gladwell’s take on Work from Home
Relevant to your Interests
- Cisco Networking And Cloud Leader Todd Nightingale To Join Fastly As CEO
- Aviatrix CEO On Potential Post-Broadcom VMware Layoffs And Why On-Prem Market Is ‘The Titanic Going Down’ | CRN
- Gartner: Microsoft #1 in Database Revenue; AWS Passes Oracle; Google Cloud Gains
- Amazon and iRobot Sign an Agreement for Amazon to Acquire iRobot
- Companies Disney Owns
- S3 Intelligent-Tiering: What It Takes To Actually Break Even
- Twilio Shares Stumble as Investors Fear a Demand Slowdown
- Closing the cloud strategy technology, and innovation gap
- Cloudflare soars after beating on revenue and raising annual forecast
- Axios agrees to sell to Cox Enterprises for $525 million
- New request for comments on improving npm security with Sigstore is now open
- The Billionaire’s Dilemma
- Intel launches Arc Pro GPUs that are designed for workstations and pro apps
- AI systems can’t patent inventions, US federal circuit court confirms
- AppLovin offers to buy video game software maker Unity in $17.5 bln deal
- How the US Postal Service reads terrible handwriting
- SoftBank posts a $21.6 billion quarterly loss on its Vision Fund, one of the highest in its history
- Acorn launches from the Cloud.com and Rancher Alumni
- Register for the SDT Austin Meetup August 27th at 6:30 PM
- DevOpsDays DFW, August 24-25, 2022 - Coté speaking, along with John Willis, Andrew Shafer, and friends
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022 - Coté’s pitch.
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Sea of Tranquility
- Coté: The Sympathizer