This week we discuss build vs. buy decisions, sustaining corporate strategies and Malcolm Gladwell’s WFH comments. Plus, we announce the location of the Austin Meetup on August 27th.
- Strategy for eating mixed nuts.
- Finish in a flurry
- Eat Dessert First
- It’s about where you is, not where you was.
- We don’t even own a copy of Illustrator
- Lost his fastball
- Just a paycheck
- It’s cool to be the “turns out” person
- Pizza, Beer, Enjoyment
- McKinsey Titles, the movie
- App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy blew up the digital advertising ecosystem
- Netflix Games Engaging Less Than 1 Percent of Subscribers
- Gladwell’s take on Work from Home
Relevant to your Interests
- Cisco Networking And Cloud Leader Todd Nightingale To Join Fastly As CEO
- Aviatrix CEO On Potential Post-Broadcom VMware Layoffs And Why On-Prem Market Is ‘The Titanic Going Down’ | CRN
- Gartner: Microsoft #1 in Database Revenue; AWS Passes Oracle; Google Cloud Gains
- Amazon and iRobot Sign an Agreement for Amazon to Acquire iRobot
- Companies Disney Owns
- S3 Intelligent-Tiering: What It Takes To Actually Break Even
- Twilio Shares Stumble as Investors Fear a Demand Slowdown
- Closing the cloud strategy technology, and innovation gap
- Cloudflare soars after beating on revenue and raising annual forecast
- Axios agrees to sell to Cox Enterprises for $525 million
- New request for comments on improving npm security with Sigstore is now open
- The Billionaire’s Dilemma
- Intel launches Arc Pro GPUs that are designed for workstations and pro apps
- AI systems can’t patent inventions, US federal circuit court confirms
- AppLovin offers to buy video game software maker Unity in $17.5 bln deal
- How the US Postal Service reads terrible handwriting
- SoftBank posts a $21.6 billion quarterly loss on its Vision Fund, one of the highest in its history
- Acorn launches from the Cloud.com and Rancher Alumni
- Register for the SDT Austin Meetup August 27th at 6:30 PM
- DevOpsDays DFW, August 24-25, 2022 - Coté speaking, along with John Willis, Andrew Shafer, and friends
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022 - Coté’s pitch.
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!