What’s your TAM
Episode 371 · August 5th, 2022 · 47 mins 33 secs
About this Episode
This week we do a deep dive into the Total Addressable Market of Cloud and discuss the rise of Cloudflare. Plus, details about the SDT Meetup in Austin on August 27th.
- “Have a good time at least once” is in my vacation OKRs
- The podcast of the Slack
- Analog Clocks
- Digital Clock Native
- Pretending to have a sidekick
- The First Business Case for the Metaverse
- I was a liberal arts major
- The TAM Episode
- Cloud Earnings
- How Cloudflare emerged to take on AWS, Azure, and GCP
Relevant to your Interests
- Apple beats on revenue and profit, expects growth to accelerate despite 'pockets of softness'
- Instagram walks back its changes
- Meta posts its first-ever quarterly revenue decline
- Why Kylie is mad at Instagram?
- There is a path to replace TCP in the datacenter
- CHIPS for America Acte
- JetBlue agrees to buy Spirit for $3.8B. It would create the 5th largest U.S. airline
- The pandemic impulse purchases we grew to hate
- AMD and Nvidia leaks show we are drunk on power, and the hangover is going to be brutal
- Intel To Wind Down Optane Memory Business - 3D XPoint Storage Tech Reaches Its
- On the huge importance of non-tech roles in Open Source: Empirical study on NPM - Livable Software
- VMware Fusion beta joins Parallels in supporting Windows VMs on Apple Silicon
- Apple Arcade finally got the boost it needed
- Apple Nabs Key Lamborghini Executive to Work on Its Electric Car
- IBM board of directors investigates sales fraud claims
- Apparently Linus Torvalds is using an M2 Mac?
- Oracle Cuts Workers in US Customer Experience Unit
- Gmail gets a new look and tighter intergration to celebrate 18 years of service
- Uber reports positive cash flow for first time
- Pinterest shares surge after Elliott discloses it is the largest shareholder
- How Kubernetes Reinvented Virtual Machines (in a good sense)
- Former VMware Star Sanjay Poonen Becomes CEO Of Cohesity
- Thoma Bravo picks up Ping Identity for $2.8B in an all-cash deal
- Software Is No Longer Eating The World
- GitLab plans to delete dormant projects from free accounts
- Raspberry Pi Zero vs MangoPi MQ Pro Benchmarks
- Highest. Close. Ever. - All Star Charts
- Should I Stay or Should I Go
- Murder Hornets get new name
- An Australian Artist Pulled a Pickle from a McDonald’s Cheeseburger and Slapped It on a Gallery's Ceiling. Now It Costs $6,200
- MAKRO | Microsoft Excel Stream Highlights 3/19
- British Airways suspends the sale of short-haul flight tickets from Heathrow
- Slack is increasing prices, changing how its free plan works
- What is DevRel? — Cloudcast Podcast
- Good discussion on changing jobs in SDT Slack
- Register for the SDT Austin Meetup August 27th at 6:30 PM ****
- DevOpsDays DFW, August 24-25, 2022 - Coté speaking, along with John Willis, Andrew Shafer, and friends
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022 - Coté’s pitch.
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Ambulance and The Terminal List
- Ringer Podcast: ‘The Gray Man’ and the Top 10 Trash Special Ops Movies
- Matt: Jabulani Challenge
- Coté: Vienna. Specifically: 12 Bruegels, old movies at old cinemas, Miznon.