First class SaaS
Episode 364 · June 24th, 2022 · 1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss the rise of WASM, Cloudflare’s Post Mortem, Oracle Cloud news and the future of CAPTCHAs. Plus, some thoughts on buzzwords, sprinklers and dogs.
- Chrome fixes everything
- Plateau of Productivity
- When the curve nopes.
- When the parabola yeets.
- First class SaaS
- Thanks for the legwork fool
- The cash cow has run out of milk
- Tumbler is now HIPAA compliant
- Working has its privileges
- Let go of this dog now
- Fermyon Launches With First Cloud-Native WebAssembly PaaS
- DocuSign CEO Dan Springer steps down
- Removing people from security
Relevant to your Interests
- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy’s First Year on the Job: Undoing Bezos-Led Overexpansion
- Senate considers ban on data brokers selling health and location info
- Full List of Data Broker Opt-Out Guides: How to opt-out of the internet
- Anna Sorokin plans to launch an NFT collection
- Facebook Is Receiving Sensitive Medical Information from Hospital Websites – The Markup
- Median software multiple is now 5.7x.
- The 3-Day Return to Office Is, So Far, a Dud
- The Big Winners and Losers From the Remote Work Revolution
- I Should Be Able to Mute America
- Capital One fraudster got in via 'misconfigured' AWS storage
- Better.com loses three more senior executives, including SVP and VP of sales
- Veza Raises $110M in Funding - FinSMEs
- The 4th S of Software Supply Chain Security
- The Worst Programming Language Ever - Mark Rendle - NDC Oslo 2021
- Jira gets fired by ClickUp - Exit Interview commercial advertisement
- Amazon demos Alexa reading a bedtime story in the voice of a boy's deceased grandma
- Could You Really Not Just Put This In An Email?
Listener Feedback / Jobs
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- Discount code: SDTFriendsWI50 for ****$50 off 4-Day everything ticket
- Discount code:: SDTFriendsWI25 for ****$25 off 3-Day Camper ticket
- DevOpsDayLA is happening at SCALE19x, July, 29th, 2022
- Discount code: DEVOP
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023,
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: The Old Man **on FX/Hulu
- Matt: Patagonia Black Hole 25L
- Coté: Elgato 4k Cam Link.