This week we discuss the rise of WASM, Cloudflare’s Post Mortem, Oracle Cloud news and the future of CAPTCHAs. Plus, some thoughts on buzzwords, sprinklers and dogs.
- Chrome fixes everything
- Plateau of Productivity
- When the curve nopes.
- When the parabola yeets.
- First class SaaS
- Thanks for the legwork fool
- The cash cow has run out of milk
- Tumbler is now HIPAA compliant
- Working has its privileges
- Let go of this dog now
- Fermyon Launches With First Cloud-Native WebAssembly PaaS
- DocuSign CEO Dan Springer steps down
- Removing people from security
Relevant to your Interests
- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy’s First Year on the Job: Undoing Bezos-Led Overexpansion
- Senate considers ban on data brokers selling health and location info
- Full List of Data Broker Opt-Out Guides: How to opt-out of the internet
- Anna Sorokin plans to launch an NFT collection
- Facebook Is Receiving Sensitive Medical Information from Hospital Websites – The Markup
- Median software multiple is now 5.7x.
- The 3-Day Return to Office Is, So Far, a Dud
- The Big Winners and Losers From the Remote Work Revolution
- I Should Be Able to Mute America
- Capital One fraudster got in via 'misconfigured' AWS storage
- Better.com loses three more senior executives, including SVP and VP of sales
- Veza Raises $110M in Funding - FinSMEs
- The 4th S of Software Supply Chain Security
- The Worst Programming Language Ever - Mark Rendle - NDC Oslo 2021
- Jira gets fired by ClickUp - Exit Interview commercial advertisement
- Amazon demos Alexa reading a bedtime story in the voice of a boy's deceased grandma
- Could You Really Not Just Put This In An Email?
Listener Feedback / Jobs
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- Discount code: SDTFriendsWI50 for ****$50 off 4-Day everything ticket
- Discount code:: SDTFriendsWI25 for ****$25 off 3-Day Camper ticket
- DevOpsDayLA is happening at SCALE19x, July, 29th, 2022
- Discount code: DEVOP
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023,
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!