Sell the Slide
Episode 359 · May 20th, 2022 · 1 hr 5 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss the "sum of the parts" of Rackspace, Rocky Linux recreates CentOS and thoughts on the economy. Plus, a debate: rental car vs. Uber.
- Rackspace Technology Reports First Quarter 2022 Results; Company Evaluating Strategic Alternatives
- Cloudflare gets serious about infrastructure services
- Rocky Linux developer CIQ raises $26M to recreate CentOS for enterprises
- Snowflake Stock: Finally, This Software Titan Is Worth A Nibble (NYSE:SNOW)
- Job vacancies outpace unemployment for first time
Relevant to your Interests
- Observability Engineering - O'Reilly Book 2022 Download
- Observe raises $70M to grow its data-fueled observability platform
- Apple discontinues its last iPod
- Ploopy. Open-source hardware.
- [DigitalBridge to Buy Switch for $11 Billion as Data Center M&A Binge Continues](http://)
- Aiven Raises $210M to Invest in Sustainable Open Source Cloud
- Workforce management startup Rippling raises $250M at $11.25B valuation
- Google finally announces the Pixel Watch
- IBM's massive 'Kookaburra' quantum processor might land in 2025
- Google Cloud launches AlloyDB, a new fully managed PostgreSQL database service
- Komodor provides a Kubernetes troubleshooting platform
- Nvidia Does the Unexpected: Open Sources GPU Drivers for Linux
- Hands-Free Voice Control | Sonos
- Appeals court unleashes Texas's anti-content-moderation law
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment acquires Redbox
- Hasura raises $100M to create GraphQL APIs for databases
- Jeffrey Snover claims Microsoft demoted him for PowerShell
- Amazon CEO Andy Jassy's $214 million pay package is 'excessive' and should be vetoed by shareholders, say advisory firms
- Netflix tells employees they can quit if they don't want to work on content they disagree with, according to new company culture guidelines
- Not all open-source leaders are jerks
- Intel Poaches Open Source Execs from Netflix, Apple to Boost Linux Efforts
- Jeff Bezos turns up heat on Joe Biden over US inflation
- Satya Nadella details Microsoft plan for ‘significant additional investment’ in employee compensation
- Musk: Twitter deal at lower price "not out of the question"
- Google Lets Personal Users Stay On 'No-Cost Legacy G Suite' With Custom Gmail Domain
- Apple slows return to office, will let employees stay remote and require masks in common spaces
- For Tech Startups, the Party Is Over
- The State of Kubernetes Security in 2022
- Facebook’s hiring crisis: Engineers are turning down offers
- Twitter bleeds more top talent in the midst of Musk acquisition
- Sisters doing it for themselves: this nun built her own power plant
- Google Cloud launches new software supply chain and zero trust security services
- Orbit + Hoopy: Writing the Future of DevRel - Orbit
- A beef over NFTs is shaking the sneaker industry - The Hustle
- Introducing the 2022 State of Crypto Report
- Apple has shown its mixed reality headset to its board of directors: report (NASDAQ:AAPL)
- Why Did Heroku Fail?
- Docker Launches Docker Extensions and Docker Desktop for Linux
- Mailin’ It! - The Official USPS Podcast
- Dad's take on Peloton from 2019
- A solar power plant in space? The UK wants to build one by 2035.
- Elon discovers Lawyers
- More Cables
- Computer powered by colony of blue-green algae has run for six months
- Southwest introduces transferable credits
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- cdCon, June 7 – 8, 2022 Austin, Texas + Virtual
- Get a 40% disocunt with this code: CdCon22SDPod
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- FinOps X, June 20-21, 2022, Matt’s there!
- DevOps Loop, June 22nd. Free! Coté helps put the agenda together.
- Open Source Summit North America, June 21-24, 2022, Matt’s there!
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: tvOS 15.4 lets you finally log in to captive Wi-Fi portals on Apple TV
- Matt: The Poppy War
- Coté: Skilcraft U.S. Government Retractable Ball Point Pen, Fine Point, Blue Ink, Box of 12.