Episode 360 · May 27th, 2022 · 1 hr 3 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss “Radical Transparency,” State of Crypto, IBM’s Cloud Efforts and Zoom’s Earnings. Plus, paying at the pump abroad.
- I’m here for the sandwich talk
- I want to get back to the garbage chairs
- Paying for Petrol
- Paying at the Pump
- Anonymize your trash
- I don’t want to improve
- Making life hard for HR
- Radical transparency for you, not me
- Where’d this public cloud come from?
- Don’t ever fall into the trap of sucking
- That’s a Circle
- Coinbase Tests App for Employees to Grade Each Other During Meetings
- Bridgewater Principles & Culture
- You need meeting knobs like this
- Seth Green's Stolen NFT Puts His New Animated Bored Ape Series in Jeopardy
- Adam Neumann’s Web3 Startup Raises $70 Million From VCs, ‘Goddess Nature Token’
- How Committed Is Big Blue To The IBM Cloud?
- Zoom’s QTR
Relevant to your Interests
- Layoffs.fyi - Tech Layoff Tracker and Startup Layoff Lists
- Cloud Foundry Launches Korifi to Ease Kubernetes Development
- Get The Report: State of Observability 2022
- Lonestar plans to put datacenters in the Moon's lava tubes
- Alex Ellis, OpenFaaS | Kubecon + Cloudnativecon Europe 2022
- Broadcom in talks to acquire VMware
- Broadcom in Talks to Acquire Cloud Company VMware
- Dell Becomes Billionaire Kingmaker in Broadcom, VMware Deal
- Broadcom Discussing Paying Around $140 a Share for VMware, People Say
- DevOps inspiration from Toyota Production System and Lean considered harmful
- Artifice and Intelligence
- Klarna fires 10% of its team amid valuation crunch
- New – Amazon EC2 C7g Instances, Powered by AWS Graviton3 Processors
- Planview Acquiring Long-Time Partner Tasktop - Mike West
- Stepping Onto the AWS Commerce Platform with James Greenfield
- K8s (@kubernetesio) startups raised $500M ~ in funding over the last 30 months alone.
- The results are in, and the longlist of management books for 2022 is being revealed!
- Joining Docker
- LogDNA Unveils New Brand Identity Reflecting Vision for Observability Data
- SlashData: Cloud native continues to grow with more than 7 million developers worldwide
- We Sign Tomorrow? Inside A Tech Acquisition | Paddle Documentary
- Resolution in Rackspace slide lawsuit
- Central Texas man takes on Elon Musk's Boring Company, unkept promises
- Spreadsheet The Game
- A message from the staff of Reply All:
- It’s the end of Superman.
- National bank hit by ransomware trolls hackers
- cdCon, June 7 – 8, 2022 Austin, Texas + Virtual
- 40% Discount Code: CdCon22SDPod
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- FinOps X, June 20-21, 2022, Matt’s there!
- DevOps Loop, June 22nd. Free! Coté put the agenda together.
- Open Source Summit North America, June 21-24, 2022, Matt’s there!
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: After Steve
- Matt: REI Anniversary Sales
- Screaming in the Cloud: AWS Commerce Platform
- Reply All: Flying the Coop
- Coté: The Baby on the Fire Escape: Creativity, Motherhood, and the Mind-Baby Problem.