This week we discuss Dagger’s Launch, Employee Tacking and Executive Compensation. Plus, some thoughts on beans and broccoli…
- Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger earned $178.6M in 2021
- Goldman Sachs is tracking ID swipes so it can crack down on employees who are breaking its return-to-office rules. Here's what happens to those who don't show up enough.
Relevant to your Interests
- On Postgres Container Apps. Behold Smooshing: database meet app platform, app platform meet database.
- Update on “reader” app distribution
- Why Apple Is Preparing to Let You Subscribe to Your iPhone
- Tinybird adds $37 million to run realtime analytics APIs for you
- Skillsoft and Codecademy: Equipping today’s workforce with the skills for tomorrow
- A guide to pronouncing names of global tech companies
- Google now requires two staff to sign off each Go change
- Scaling Kubernetes to Over 4k Nodes and 200k Pods
- Grafana Labs announces $240 million Series D round led by GIC and welcomes new investor
- Microsoft is integrating its Windows 365 Cloud PCs into Windows 11
- $120M to build a "checkout" button
- Google Cloud cross-platform data storage engine, BigLake
- Announcing the next generation of Amazon Honeycode
- Boeing taps Amazon, Microsoft, Google for cloud mega-deal
- Facebook owner Meta targets virtual currency market with ‘Zuck Bucks’
- The first RISC-V portable computer is now available
- Stanford engineers invent a solar panel that generates electricity at night
- Global Unicorn Club
- IBM 'misclassified' mainframe sales to enrich executives
- Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway disclosed late on Wednesday that it had purchased a stake in computer and printer maker HP Inc worth $4.2bn
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Ready With Mesa 22.0, Early Intel Arc Graphics Enabled & Amber Added
- PaaS is back: Why enterprises keep trying to resurrect self-service developer platforms
- We Don't Talk about PaaS - Coté's Commonplace Book - Issue #59
- Elon Musk is the new Product Manger of Twitter.
- Twitter plans edit button, says Elon Musk’s poll had nothing to do with it
- Announcing AWS Lambda Function URLs: Built-in HTTPS Endpoints for Single-Function Microservices
- Why AMD Spent $1.9B for Pensando's DPU Biz
- Microsoft Azure vaults into the Arm server era with chips from Ampere
- I Gave My Goldfish $50,000 to Trade Stocks
- 300 Drones Formed a QR Code That Rick Rolled Dallas on April Fools' Day
- Comic Helvetic, an Unholy Combo of Comic Sans and Helvetica
- Footage of Jay Leno Hosting Windows 95 Launch Event Surfaces Online
- American Airlines Restarts Philadelphia Regional Routes With Landline Buses
- Magnificent app which corrects your previous console command
- Unity hiring: Senior Strategic Business Development @ Austin, TX, USA
- Brain Gracely wants you to join Solo.io in Tech Marketing.
- Happy Birthday Day to Matt Ray.
- Traceroute — The Podcast for digital pioneers: https://origins.dev/
- Drata — Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot: https://drata.com/partner/SDT
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- Spring Tour Chicago, April 26th to 27th.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- MongoDB World 2022, June 7-9th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Coté: Cojonudos Espárragos.
- Matt: Look at Them Beans - Johnny Cash
- Murder on the Orient Express (book, not the movie)
- Brandon: ****Yasso Bars