This week we discuss Kubernetes adoption, the State of Open Source Survey and the search for a better Developer Experience. Plus, some thoughts on taking out the trash and conflict resolution.
- Ten takeaways from the 2022 State of Open Source survey
- What is Developer Experience? a roundup of links and goodness
- Developer Experience Is Security
Relevant to your Interests
- California Will Stick Solar Panels Over Canals to Fight Two Disasters at Once
- Salesforce teams with AWS on direct-to-consumer streaming media solution – TechCrunch
- Snyk expands into cloud security with acquisition of Fugue
- Spotify Bet Big on Joe Rogan. It Got More Than It Counted On.
- Using a LinkedIn QR Code to Connect with Members
- Tiger Global, D1 Capital Signal Pullback From Big Private Tech Deals Amid Market Rout
- Thoughts On Markdown — Smashing Magazine
- Salesforce employees protest against its NFT ambitions
- Exam software is booming, but is it ethical?
- Texas led the country in new renewable energy projects last year
- Introducing Gitpod for Open Source
- Tech billionaire makes power play
- Why Big Tech is cooperating on smart homes
- Edgeless Systems wants to make public clouds the ‘safest place for sensitive data’
- Goldman Sachs hands out biggest bonuses on Wall Street as talent shortage rages
- Intel Ramps Up Linux Investment By Acquiring Linutronix
- KubeDoc Follow Up
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- macOS Utilities and Clip Board Managers
- .Net Beyond conference, March 30–31, 2022, online.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- THAT Conference Wisconsin Call for Speakers is open, July 25, 2022
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL, 2022 Call for Speakers, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022: Call for Speakers/Papers, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Severance on Apple TV+.
- Coté: Hilda; All Killa, No Filla podcast #69, “toe-mat-oes”; Indonesian ribs.
- Matt: The Flight Attendant.