The week we review Kubernetes: The Documentary and Matt explains why there is no Diet Coke in Australia.
- Movie Review: Kubernetes: The Documentary
Relevant to your Interests
- Peloton CEO Barry McCarthy's first all-hands meeting ends early as laid-off employees crash it
- There Are Now 1,000 Unicorn Startups Worth $1 Billion or More
- Zendesk Fields Takeover Offer From Private Equity Group
- ISS, Glass Lewis urge Zendesk investors vote against Momentive deal
- Republic’s metaverse real estate arm spins off, rebrands as Everyrealm – TechCrunch
- Apple Announces AirTag Updates to Address Unwanted Tracking
- Amazon and Spotify mull bids for London-listed podcaster Audioboom
- Microsoft is reopening its Washington and Bay Area offices this month
- Why Startup Founders Should Check In With Their Investors About Compliance
- Cyber security company Securonix raises $1 billion in Vista-led round
- IBM wanted to correct 'seniority mix' by firing older staff
- JPMorgan Is the First Bank Into the Metaverse, Looks at Business Opportunities
- Coinbase’s bouncing QR code Super Bowl ad was so popular it crashed the app
- VMware, Nvidia team up on AI-powered hybrid cloud platform
- Google Search Is Dying | DKB
- Fantastical update adds cloud-based scheduling features
- 20 years of .NET: Microsoft's Scott Hunter on the developer platform's "amazing journey" ****- 'Where is my office anyway?' As COVID recedes, remote workers prepare to head back
- AWS brings its Local Zones mini data centers to 32 new cities
- Launching and Scaling Data Science Teams: Three Years Later
- Shades of DevOps - Related Job titles
- Snyk Acquires Fugue, Enters Cloud Security Market
- 1Password for SSH & Git (Beta) | 1Password Developer Documentation
- Nvidia writes off $1.4bn in aftermath of failed Arm merger
- Intel to acquire contract chipmaker Tower Semiconductor for $5.4B
- Meta closes Kustomer deal after regulatory approval
- Introducing Gitpod for Open Source
- Spotify acquires Podsights and Chartable to advance its podcasting business
- Buc-ee's plans first store outside of the South
- Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige & Kendrick Lamar FULL Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show
- Recycled bulletproof vests may boost the range of electric cars 5-fold, and extend battery life to 10 years
- All Blacks sale gets green light after players agree to private equity deal
- Learning Things From Internet Videos — Postlight — Digital Strategy, Design and Engineering
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- Ryan recommends Invasion on Apple TV+
- .Net Beyond conference, March 30–31, 2022, online.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- THAT Conference Wisconsin Call for Speakers is open, July 25, 2022
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL, 2022 Call for Speakers, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022: Call for Speakers/Papers, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: PasteBot and speeding up your mouse tracking on macOS
- Coté: Max Headroom TV show - search Daily Motion. Pastie app. B2B TikTok. And, Streaming Coté.
- Matt: Hands on a Hardbody - On MailChimp?