This week we discuss how the industry reacted to the Log4j vulnerability and the merits of going Multicloud. Plus, some thoughts on printer paper.
- Log4j and OSS
- Security warning: New zero-day in the Log4j Java library is already being exploited
- ‘Extremely bad’ vulnerability found in widely used logging system
- What you need to know about the Log4J vulnerability rocking the internet
- Zero-Day Exploit Targeting Popular Java Library Log4j
- Paying people to work on OSS
- Don’t pay people to work on OSS?
- AWS Outage and Multicloud
Relevant to your interests
- Oracle swings to loss because of payment tied to dispute over former CEO Hurd's employment
- Snowflake stock soars after software sales more than double
- Better.com CEO Vishal Garg steps back as employees detail how he ‘led by fear’
- Top Excel experts will battle it out in an esports-like competition this weekend
- Is multi-cloud getting more popular?
- Who gets left out of ‘bootstrapping’?
- SnapLogic raises $165M to accelerate enterprise automation via data integration
- Take one last look at Google Toolbar, which is now dead
- The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience
- Apple Officially Delays macOS Monterey Universal Control Until Spring 2022
- Software start-up Airtable hits $11 billion valuation in latest funding, adds Salesforce, Michael Dell as investors
- Noname Security Becomes First API Security Unicorn
- Catching Up On Cloud Infrastructure Startups After The HashiCorp IPO
- GitLab acquires Opstrace - FAQ
- How to speak Australian : Abbreviate Everything
- Recycling Center - Sorting Aluminum and Steel
- NIKE, Inc. Acquires RTFKT
- A Quadruped Humanoid Robot Might Be Able To Do It All
- Busy Simulator
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022
- Software Defined Talk Live Recording - THAT
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022: Call for Speakers/Papers, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- CFP closes on Jan 31, 2022,
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL, 2022 Call for Speakers . April 18 & 19th, 2022
- CFP closes on Jan 31, 2022,
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Apple Legacy Contact
- Matt: A.P. Bio
- Coté: Texas Sun. Also, the song Coté was trying to remember, “Didn’t I,” by Darondo - an example of perfection. Number two on that list.
Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start learning today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt.
Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast.
Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.