This week we discuss Salesforce becoming Slack-first and a16z launching a media site. Plus, some thoughts on how to use Twitter.
- Andreessen Horowitz goes into publishing with Future
Relevant to your interests
- AWS Announces General Availability of AWS Proton
- Amazon rethinks full-time return to office as competitors tout remote flexibility
- Write for DOnations
- Side-by-side comparisons between GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Mojo Vision’s Smart Contact Lens Could Be Transformative For Sight Impaired
- Scientists develop ‘cheap and easy’ method to extract lithium from seawater
- Google Workspace for everyone
- Google’s unified Gmail interface (and Google Chat) launches for everyone
- Google Adopts Hybrid Workweek, With 20% of Its Employees to Work Remotely
- RISC-V and Intel?
- Chipmaker SiFive Is Said to Draw Intel Takeover Interest
- Ubuntu Pro arrives in premium form on Google's Cloud
- Future - Understand the Future, How Tech Shapes It, and How We Build It
- Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more
- Oracle revenue growth accelerates as pandemic recedes
- Slack goes Clubhouse
- Crypto Mining is Killing All Free CI/CD Platforms
- Community ≠ Marketing: Why We Need Go-to-Community, Not Just Go-to-Market
- Has Serverless Jumped the Shark?
- A new HTTP spec proposes elimination of obnoxious “cookie banners”
- Spotify launches its live audio app and Clubhouse rival, Spotify Greenroom
- Neo4j raises $325M as graph-based data analysis takes hold in enterprise
- The public cloud could evolve like streaming services
- 10 fully remote engineering jobs?
- iOS 4 has been lovingly recreated as an iPhone app
- ERCOT has issued a Conservation Alert
- Doom now runs on an Ikea smart light bulb
- Peak binge: Consumers are now gravitating towards shows that are released weekly
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- IBM Cloud Podcast hosted by Dan Bettinger
- Creating & Sustaining a Culture of Innovation Talk by Cote on June 21st
- RabbitMQ Summit, July 13-14, 2021.
- SpringOne, Sep 1st to 2nd.
- THAT July 26,- July 29, in Wisconsin, Submissions Open Through June 14
- Free Knative Eventing Training - June 30
- SpringOne Tour, EMEA - June 15th.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Children of Time
- Matt: N. K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season and The Obelisk Gate
- Coté: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, in Netflix. Also: Wooster and Jeeves books narrated by Jonathan Cecil - included in Audible membership!