This week we discuss Red Hat’s open source strategy, public cloud adoption and Signal’s Instagram ads. Plus, advice on setting your thermostat.
- Red Hat
- The Instagram ads Facebook won't show you
Relevant to your interests
- Nashville is basically broke, but that didn't stop it from luring Oracle with lavish incentives. Other small cities are also paying top dollar to compete for Big Tech.
- DigitalOcean data breach exposes customer billing information
- How a university got itself banned from the Linux kernel
- Microsoft: It's 90 days until the end of Skype for Business Online, here's what to expect
- About one-third of Basecamp employees accepted buyouts today after a contentious all-hands meeting.
- How Basecamp blew up
- Basecamp sees mass employee exodus after CEO bans political discussions
- The ransomware surge ruining lives
- Epic Games Primer (Pt VI): Epic's Philosophy and Unprecedented Aspirations
- The Epic Games trial has exposed the ‘Fortnite’ maker’s inner workings. Here’s what we learned.
- AirTag Teardown: Yeah, This Tracks
- Then a Hacker Began Posting Patients’ Deepest Secrets Online
- Kubernetes at the Edge: Organizations are using edge technologies, but there is room to grow
- Digital Horses Are the Talk of the Crypto World
- In huge demand right now: Warehouses
- Twitter acquires news startup Scroll in push for subscriptions
- Apple reports 2 iOS 0-days that let hackers compromise fully patched devices
- Messaging app Discord ties up with Sony's PlayStation
- Clubhouse downloads plummet to 900,000 in April as competition grows - 9to5Mac
- Goldman Sachs CEO is summoning workers back to the office by June 14
- Signal made Instagram ads that shows users how much Facebook knew about them.
- Ethereum’s 27-Year-Old Creator Is Now the World’s Youngest Crypto Billionaire
- New Relic open sources Pixie, its Kubernetes-native in-cluster observability platform | ZDNet
- How Jeff Bezos outflanked the National Enquirer
- Oversight Board upholds former President Trump’s suspension, finds Facebook failed to impose proper penalty
- ForgeRock IPO Expected In 2021 With Valuation Of Over $3B: Report
- Where to start modernizing your legacy portfolio
- Why Verizon sold AOL, Yahoo for about 1% of their peak valuation
- Verizon to offload Yahoo, AOL for $5 billion
- "Act like a scientist, not like a preacher.” (@AdamMGrant)
- Twilio's private GitHub repositories cloned by Codecov attacker, cloud comms platform confirms
- 'Disaster Girl' is 21 now and just made $500,000 off the meme
- Wow, so Berkshire Hathaway is so expensive it broke NASDAQ data feeds.
- Meet Einstein
- Creepy Expensify video about pending IPO
- ConfigCat — Release features faster with less risk with ConfigCat. Start today by visiting ConfigCat.com and signing for their forever free plan.
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Ryan wants you to work at Datadog as Technical Writer
- Jordy says there lots of jobs at Weaveworks
- Jeffrey want you to become the SRE - World of Warcraft
- RabbitMQ Summit, July 13-14, 2021.
- SLOConf - Virtual May 17-20 - Matt’s talk is in the can
- SpringOne, Sep 1st to 2nd.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.
Release features faster with less risk with ConfigCat. Start today by visiting ConfigCat.com and signing for their forever free plan.
Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start learning today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt.