This week we discuss tech’s rich valuations, Airtable vs. Excel and the Goldman Analysts’ Presentation. Plus, some advice on when to buy a house.
- Stripe is now valued at $95 billion
- Airtable Tops $5.7 Billion Valuation On Growing Enterprise Sales And A Soaring Cloud Market
- Airtable is now valued at $5.77B with a fresh $270 million in Series E funding – TechCrunch
- Docker Series B: More Fuel To Help Dev Teams Get Ship Done
- Coinbase Backers Register 114.9 Million Shares for Listing
- Work Life
Relevant to your interests
- Netflix cracking down on password sharing: ‘You need your own account to keep watching’
- Why you should use pyenv + Pipenv for your Python projects | Hacker Noon
- Google’s plan to disrupt higher education
- Nokia and AWS to enable cloud-based 5G radio solutions
- Gartner’s 2021 Magic Quadrant cites ‘glut of innovation’ in data science and ML
- Stop Talking About Multicloud and Hybrid Cloud and Start Talking About Integration
- Swiss Police Raid Apartment of Verkada Hacker, Seize Devices
- China’s tech giants test way around Apple’s new privacy rules
- Clubhouse promises its accelerator participants either brand deals or $5K per month during the program
- Open-source team details the complexities in bringing Linux to Apple's M1 Macs
- Michael Dell: Public Cloud Isn’t More Secure Than On-Premise
- CD Foundation Announces Industry Initiative to Standardize Events from CI/CD Systems - CD Foundation
- Microsoft Apologizes ‘Deeply’ For Worldwide Azure, Teams Outage
- Boosting developer success on Google Play
- IBM's CEO and outgoing exec chairman take home $38m in total for 2020 despite revenue shrinking by billions
- AWS throws its home-grown Arm CPUs at new memory-intensive instance type
- Historical trends in the usage statistics of content management systems, March 2021
- Squarespace raises $300M at a staggering $10B valuation – TechCrunch
- Azure Active Directory issue takes down Teams, Office, Dynamics and more for some users
- Microsoft's latest cloud authentication outage: What went wrong
- Google Nest Hello, IQ cams go down in partial outage - 9to5Google
- Oso announces $8.2M Series A to simplify authorization for developers
- Hackers Breach Thousands of Security Cameras, Exposing Tesla, Jails, Hospitals
- IAM Access Analyzer Update – Policy Validation | Amazon Web Services
- Air travel is picking up as TSA records highest passenger screenings in nearly a year
- Zoom Escaper lets you sabotage your own meetings with audio problems, crying babies, and more
- Elon Musk crowns himself ‘Technoking’ of Tesla
- IRS expected to delay filing deadline to May 15, as agency grapples with a backlog of 24 million unprocessed tax returns
- So, When Will You Be Able To Get A PS5?
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- SpringOne.io, Sep 1st to 2nd - CFP is open until April 9th.
- Two SpringOne Tours: (1.) developer-bonanza in for NA, March 10th and 11th, and, (2.) EMEA dev-fest on April 28th.
- VMware Tanzu Up Close Virtual Event, April 27, 2021, 10:00am - 5:50pm CET
- Cloud Native Rust Day
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Matt*:* 1917 & Thin Red Line
- Coté: Patagonia Torrentshell Pants. (Repeat?)
- Brandon: What you do is who you are by Ben Horowitz, Companies & Culture a16z Podcast