This week we discuss Redmonk’s Language Rankings, Okta buys Auth0 and Zoom Fatigue. Plus, Matt gets a puppy and explains why he needs a longer sabbatical.
- Blameless Post Mortem Redux
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2021
- Okta Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Auth0 to Provide Customer Identity for the Internet
- Zoom fatigue causes: 1 easy solution according to a Stanford professor
Relevant to your interests
- Google admits Kubernetes container tech is so complex, it's had to roll out an Autopilot feature to do it all for you
- Twitter pulls a Patreon
- Enriching Excel with higher-order functional programming
- LinkedIn’s Alternate Universe
- AWS reorganizes DeepRacer League to encourage more newbies – TechCrunch
- Flash is back? Sort of in Rust
- Update Your Browser ASAP!
- Announcing Our Series C: What's Next for Hopin
- Microsoft’s Azure Arc multi-cloud platform now supports machine learning workloads
- Cloud’s trillion-dollar prize is up for grabs
- People are spending millions on NFTs. What? Why?
- Jack Dorsey's Square buys Jay-Z's Tidal music streaming service
- Sheep Shearing
- CEO of Texas power grid operator "terminated" in aftermath of winter storm
- Building an External 9.7” Monitor from an iPad
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- SpringOne.io, Sep 1st to 2nd - CFP is open until April 9th.
- Two SpringOne Tours: (1.) developer-bonanza in for NA, March 10th and 11th, and, (2.) EMEA dev-fest on April 28th.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Matt History vs. Hollywood
- Brandon: Defending Jacob on Apple TV+ with Chris Evans
- Coté: Nat that's what i reckon