This week, we discuss Googler’s ideas for making open source more secure, obsessing over top of funnel influencer lifestyle management, and a bit of surfing. The power at Brandon’s house went out just as we were starting, so it’s mostly just Matt and Coté.
I have three screens. I have enough screen space.
I don’t need my shit moved, I moved my own shit.
This direct shit.
Thank goodness for holidays in Singapore and Japan.
I think about this every day “Work is punishment.”
We’ll skip the Brandon things and get to the Cote’ things.
It’s ready to be PowerPointed.
Members Only Security Discussion.
Hackin’ the mainframe.
They love themselves the McGlauglin group.
Back on the Funnel.
“Work is Punishment.”
Label maker go brrrr.
- Open source: Google wants new rules for developers working on 'critical' projects
- No unilateral changes to code. Changes would require code review and approval by two independent parties
- Authenticate participants. This means owners and maintainers cannot be anonymous; contributors are required to use strong authentication (eg 2FA)
- There need to be notifications for changes in risk to the software
- Enabling transparency for software artifacts
- Create ways to trust the build process
- Dependency Confusion: How I Hacked Into Apple, Microsoft and Dozens of Other Companies
- Steve(n) Sinofsky is serialising a book about h is time at Microsoft
- a16z pushing product - “DIRECT”
- Monitoring and Observability
- Announcing Change Intelligence
- Anchor it around what’s changed.
- Go Serverless!
- Bitcoin HODL Chart
- Migrate Everything to OpenBSD…?
Relevant to your interests
- M&A, VC and Partners
- It’s AWS not A.W.S.
- Apple and Hyundai-Kia pushing toward deal on Apple Car
- Facebook's not the only one worried about Apple's privacy change — Snap and Unity both just warned investors about it
- Tickets to Space
- They Stormed the Capitol. Their Apps Tracked Them.
- Clubhouse is now blocked in China after a brief uncensored period
- Sorry, small-phone lovers: The iPhone 12 mini was Apple’s 2020 sales flop.
- Salesforce to allow permanent remote work for most employees, with big implications for S.F.
- Is This Beverly Hills Cop Playing Sublime’s ‘Santeria’ to Avoid Being Live-Streamed?
- Greater fool theory
- Texas public-safety officials accidentally sent an Amber Alert warning that the killer doll Chucky was on the loose
- MIT researchers devised a way to allow spinach plants to send emails
- Mass Over-The-Air Update Of Tesla Cars Captured On Video
- Facebook Is Said to Be Building a Product to Compete With Clubhouse
- Suspend his comments and figure out why he is upside down
- “I’m here live, I’m not a cat,”
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- the THREAD is now over 3k replies. Who knows where this ends?
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!