This week we recap the latest announcements at VMworld, discuss App Modernization and rate the best software features of all time. Plus, lots of talk on what makes for a great EBC experience.
- VMware Announces Intent to Acquire SaltStack
- VMworld 2020 Media Kit
- VMware's conversion into a cloud-agnostic management and development platform
- A little bit of the Dormain presentation we mention.
- Coté’s thoughts on EBCs from earlier today.
Relevant to your Interests
- When you browse Instagram and find former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's passport number
- We have a few questions about Amazon’s flying indoor security camera drone
- Nikola shows Silicon Valley can’t stop worshipping founders
- Can TikTok help Oracle stay relevant in the cloud-computing age?
- Deloitte Consulting ‘Doubling Down’ On $750M AWS Business
- Workers Durable Objects Beta: A New Approach to Stateful Serverless
- No one likes a heart-stopping AWS bill shock so now there's a machine learning tool to help detect cost anomalies
- Release notes | Anthos GKE on-prem | Google Cloud
- VMware to Acquire SaltStack for Advanced Multicloud Automation
- How to Change the Default Mail App in iOS 14 – The Sweet Setup
- With so many cloud services dependent on it, Azure Active Directory has become a single point of failure for Microsoft ## Nonsense
- The BBC is releasing over 16,000 sound effects for free download
- Twilio is the platform developers trust to build communications experiences with phone calls, text messages, video calls, and more. Visit http://twilio.com to learn more.
- Jonathon suggested Raspbernetes an opensource project for aspiring SREs or DevOps engineers to learn how to cut their teeth on kubernetes using a distilled set of security, networking and enablement tools.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.