The week we discuss New Relic’s open source plans, why monitoring is so complicated and try to unravel the mystery of enterprise pricing. Plus, Coté finds out that you can indeed use too much soap.
- Friend us and follow SDT on Twitch: sdtpodcat
- New Relic Changes Business Model, Open Sources Agents and Instrumentation
- Analysts Estimate New Relic (NEWR) to Report a Decline in Earnings:
Relevant to your interests
- How Kubernetes adds agility in challenging times
- The Impact of AI on Organizations
- The Opportunity in App Modernization
- Cloudflare Wants to Eat AWS’s Serverless Lunch
- Amazon reportedly invested in startups and gained proprietary information before launching competitors, often crushing the smaller companies in the process
- Huawei overtook Samsung in global smartphone shipments for Q2 – TechCrunch
- Transformation case study
- Growth+Sales: The New Era of Enterprise Go-to-Market
- Can Brian Hall Fix What Ails Google Cloud?
- Taiwan is now Arrakis | Epsilon Theory
- Congress's historic tech hearing suggests antitrust crackdown could come soon
- The new Teams experience
- Op-Ed: Kubernetes May Be Google’s Last Great Open Project
- How to Sell Books in 2020: Put Them Near the Toilet Paper
- Parents with children forced to do school at home are drinking more
- SpringOne Platform, Sep 2nd and 3rd.
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th.
- GitLab Commit: You Belong Here on Aug 26th.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.