We recap the recent announcements from Google Next and discuss Rackspace's upcoming IPO. Plus, Coté reviews the ambient noise videos on YouTube.
- Google Next
Relevant to your interests
- Salesforce, AWS launch Amazon Connect integration with Service Cloud | ZDNet
- Announcing AWS App2Container - Containerize and Migrate Applications to the AWS Cloud
- Just Too Efficient from Tim Bray
- Amazon Makes Employees Delete TikTok From Phones, Citing Security Risk
- The Growing Dependence Of VMware On AWS
- Hacks and Outages
- Kube Corner
- 16 Must-Listen Podcasts for IT/Tech Professionals
- Digicert will shovel some 50,000 EV HTTPS certificates into the furnace this Saturday after audit bungle
- JetBrains Technology Day for Java
- Aerial fiber deployment, faster and more efficient - Facebook Engineering
- You call Verizon. A Google bot answers. You demand a human. The human is told what to say by the bot
- TrickBot Sample Accidentally Warns Victims They’re Infected
- Samsung’s 6G White Paper Lays Out the Company’s Vision for the Next Generation of Communications Technology
- The State of Developer Ecosystem in 2020 Infographic
- It would cost us $3 million a year to give our employees email addresses
- Four years after swallowing Arm Holdings, SoftBank said to be mulling Brit chip biz sale
- Dell Says It’s Exploring Potential Spinoff of VMware Unit
- OKD4 is now Generally Available
- VS Code grows, Emacs holds steady
- Airbnb Was Like a Family, Until the Layoffs Started
- How to setup Role based access to Kubernetes Cluster - InfraCloud Technologies
- A $100 Million Investment to Reshape the Economics of the Web
- Ireland donates its COVID Tracker app to Linux Foundation
- How Costco Convinces Brands to Cannibalize Themselves
- Straddling the firewall: cloud from 2010 to 2020 (& what to do next)
- SUSE releases major Linux update | ZDNet
- How to broadcast to Twitch and Zoom with OBS
- Travel Dress Pant Sweatpants
- IBM job ad calls for 12 years’ experience with Kubernetes – which is six years old
- British Airways retires its entire fleet of Boeing 747 jets
- I made a robot to cut my hair with scissors
- Coté’s ambient noise videos
- SpringOne Platform, Sep 2nd and 3rd.
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th.
- GitLab Commit: You Belong Here on Aug 26th.
SDT news & hype
- Listen to Richard Seroter interview
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Matt Ray: Palm Springs.
- Brandon: Reckoning.