We discuss: the trademark moves of Google; open source skullduggery; why Slack has the upper-hand on Teams…or not?; and Coté’s growing love of .docx files.
- I read a lot of Wikipedia when I should be working
- After all this, time people probably think that whatever you’re doing is “working.”
- Did you respond with an emoji thumbs-up?
- I read the email. Thought about it for a few hours. Then thought “I’m just going to archive that email.”
- He’s big in the Angular community - works all the angels.
- Little components that talk with each other over the network. Gotta do a whole bunch of shit for that.
- You don’t sue people who are using it if you want them to use it.
- Service mesh is Greek for “service mesh.”
- Lady Cathemhouse’s Rules.
- Chekhov’s Trademark.
- Couple thousand stores.
- …and maybe integrate with their Active Directory.
- “Federated Slacks.”
- I think I like the Word file.
- No one can poop all over your stuff in a way that you forgot what it looked like when it was clean.
- De-headwind yourself from the COVID.
- I’m mad about The Edit by Default.
- I can’t find my tongs, they’ve gone somewhere.
- I wouldn’t say that I’d recommend it, I’m just saying I enjoy it.
- Commons cause: IBM, Oracle, CNCF protest over Google's handling of Istio governance
- SUSE corrals Rancher Labs
- State of Developer Relations 2020 Report
Relevant to your interests
- Tim Bray Blogs
- Why Buybacks & Boeing are Public Enemy Number One (w/ Dr. William Lazonick)
- iOS 14 Snitches on LinkedIn and Reddit's Snooping Practices
- Quibbi Gossip
- Third Base | No Mercy / No Malice
- Uber Buys Postmates for $2.65 Billion
- Digital Contact Tracing's Mixed Record Abroad Spells Trouble for US Efforts to Rein in COVID-19
- FBI Opens a New China-Related Counterintelligence Investigation Every 10 Hours, Director Says
- Oracle: Low Revenue Growth And Excessive Buybacks Have Pushed Oracle Out Of Competition
- The collaborative browser based IDE
- How to add a README to your GitHub profile
strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th
SDT news & hype
- Listen to the Adam Jacob Interview on Open Source
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.