Can email ever be fixed, or is GMail good enough? We discuss. Plus, Coté complains about how he should probably start asking more questions instead of answering them at length. Also, we don’t know what a “digestive” is and do not recommend the Mexican bakery pastries.
- I’m perfectly willing to burn my own time on boondoggles.
- I introduced my kids to King of the Hill yesterday - they did not like it. Or Beavis and Butthead, or South Park.
- How many instructions are in the ARM chip?
- Are we gonna start the show?
- That looks boring.
- What is a biscuit in Australia? A hazy space between crackers and cookies.
- More sugar than a Ritz
- It’s a medical grade cookie.
- The Mexican Bakery Trap.
- Just get the tacos.
- I’ve got 500 email addresses, how am I supposed to disappear?
- I think there’s like, 12, 13 calendars on my Mac.
- We got to the bottom of HEY!
- Marketing Oblique Strategies.
- The Seth Godin problem.
- The Purple Moo.
- Welcome to the Halo Effect.
- For your 6 to 50 page strategy memo, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You didn’t make a TV show that people wanted to watch.
- Hey, do we need a new email service?
- Market Power
- Apple’s App Store policies are bad, but its interpretation and enforcement are worse
- Apple’s App Store fees are "highway robbery," says House Antitrust Committee chair
- Google brings Meet to Gmail on mobile
- Hey Larry Ellison: Microsoft’s #1 Priority Is Replacing Oracle Database
- Epic Games seeking to sell stake for $750 million at $17 billion valuation
- Too much typing from Coté, from Coté’s newsletter last week.
Relevant to your interests
- Softbank invested in Credit Suisse funds financing its Vision Fund bets.
- Nintendo now says 300,000 accounts breached by hackers.
- Big Footy data breach exposed private details of up to 100,000 users.
- Adobe Flash Player End of Life.
- Dropbox officially launches its own password manager and a secure vault for your files.
- Boston Dynamics will now sell any business its own Spot robot for $74,500.
- Panera adds geofencing to curbside pickup.
- T-Mobile offers an explanation for its twelve-hour outage on Monday.
- Zoom will offer full encryption to free users after all.
- Amazon asks court to block former AWS marketing VP from working on Google Cloud Next speeches.
strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Sent to stickers to Robert in the U.K. He tell us big data is happening in the UK were retailer was able to save millions by using big data to optimize when they stock their shelves.
- Sent stickers to Daniel in Vancouver. He tell us he loves the show.
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th
SDT moment of bureaucracy
- Listen to interview with Todd Gardner
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: USPS Informed Delivery and 1917
- Matt Ray: Massive Attack vs Mad Professor Part II (Mezzanine Remix Tapes ’98). Humble Fight for Racial Justice Bundle.
- Coté: Short Life in a Strange World, short review in Coté’s newsletter last week. KUTX streaming.
Outro: Ice-cream and Chips.