On this week’s episode: Andreessen says it’s time build, Verizon buys Bluejeans, Splunk maybe watching and Google is giving Istio to a foundation. Plus, we offer informed opinions on Travis Scott and Fortnite.
Hot Take — IT'S TIME TO BUILD - Andreessen Horowitz
- Introducing Splunk Remote Work Insights: Our Solution for the New Work-from-Home Reality
- Apollo readies IPO of cloud company Rackspace
- Alibaba Cloud will invest $28 billion more into its infrastructure over the next three years
- Zhao KaiXian x86 CPU Tested: The Rise of China's Chips
- AWS announces new single-purpose on-prem hardware and tie-in storage tier
- AWS launches Amazon AppFlow, its new SaaS integration service
- Google Cloud CEO: Istio is going to a foundation
- Google Cloud’s fully managed Anthos is now generally available for AWS
- Over the past 20 years, IBM has bought back $140 billion of its stock. Its current market cap: $105 billion. $IBM
- Apple will reportedly use 12-core 5nm ARM processor in a 2021 Mac
Relevant to your interests
- University of Sydney using cloud to prevent the Tasmanian devil from extinction
- Facebook employees won't return to offices until at least the end of May, and is cancelling events until June 2021
- Hundreds of asylum seekers' names made public in government data breach
- Top virtual tech conferences to attend in 2020
- Who Makes the Best CPUs? Intel vs. AMD CPUs | Tom's Hardware
- Bezos Takes Back the Wheel at Amazon
- Confluent lands another big round with $250M Series E on $4.5B valuation
- I Took a COBOL Course and It Wasn't The Worst | Hacker Noon
strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Sent stickers to Aaron in Sydney
- “Dude Mark in Brampton close to Toronto Ontario Canada” said we are doing a good and gave us a 4 star review because he never gives 5
- Sent stickers to Dan in the UK. He has made listening to SDT as part of his routine.
Conferences, Videos et. al.
- Chef Tools & Terraform: Better Together from Matt Ray
- Michael Coté - Intro - Spring Live
- ChefConf 2020 June 2, 2020 All Digital.
- MongoDB’s virtual event http://MongoDB.Live on June 9-10, 2020
- DevOpsDays Minneapolis, August 4 - 5, 2020 use code SDT for 10% off registration.
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells®.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.