Coté is eating and drinking in this episode, so deal with it. Also, we discuss some odd slides, Mirantis buying Docker Enterprise, and saving code with vikings.
- Coté is gobsmacked by slides.
- Let’s turn these earnings upside down.
- It’s not just turtles all the way down, they’re all the way up too!
- Where are my turtles?
- Clearly you know what you’re doing, because you’ve got billions of dollars.
- Clearly these people have missed the point of distributed version control.
- Put your code in the Phantom Zone.
- Is there a new April Fool’s in November?
- They probably had some good slides.
Relevant to your interests
- Docker, Kube and Containers
- Mirantis acquires Docker Enterprise
- Docker’s Next Chapter: Advancing Developer Workflows for Modern Apps
- VMware Bridges Kubernetes and vSphere with Launch of Pacific Beta
- Google releases Skaffold so devs don't get hung up on Kubernetes
- Skaffold, the Kubernetes build automation tool, is GA
- Sysdig 2019 Container Usage Report: New Kubernetes and security insights | Sysdig
- Red Hat Introduces open source Project Quay container registry
- Google — Games, Health…? and Banking…?
- Fourteen years after launching 1Password takes a $200M Series A
- Apple’s 16-inch MacBook Pro is here, and it has a good keyboard
- Update on 3.0 Development, FIPS and 1.0.2 EOL - OpenSSL Blog
- Firefox at 15: its rise, fall, and privacy-first renaissance
- Honestly, A Video Game That Strands You On A Boring Six-Hour Flight Is Just What I Need Right Now
- Netflix, HBO and Cable Giants Are Coming for Password Cheats
- Re-Licensing Sentry
- Twitter Employees, Ahmad Abouammo and Ali Alzabarah, Charged With Spying for Saudi Arabia | Government | Politics
- Salesforce Ventures invested $300M in Automattic while Salesforce was building a CMS
- This State’s 50-Year Bet on Big Tech Could Cost Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
- Intel is still struggling with the truth about its processor security flaws
- Microsoft teams up with Warner Bros. to store Superman on new glass storage
To try it FREE for 14 days, just go to http://loggly.com/sdt. If it logs, it can log to Loggly.
To see how companies like GE, Vodafone, Box and American Eagle Outfitters rely on PagerDuty to continuously improve their digital operations visit https://pagerduty.com.
Conferences, et. al.
- December - 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted: Toronto Dec 2nd.
- December 12-13 2019 - Kubernetes Forum Sydney
- Discount off KubeCon North America which is November 18 – 21 in San Diego. Use code KCNASFTPOD19 for a 10% discount.
- NO-SSH-JJ wants you go to DeliveryConf in Seattle on Jan 21st & 22nd, Use promo code: SDT10 to get 10% off. JJ wants you to read about Delivery Conf Format too.
- June 1-4: ChefConf 2020
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.