It’s chaos week in Enterprise Software! Cloudera misses their forecast, Oracle and Microsoft team up on cloud computing and more open source licensing discussion. Plus, we try to make sense of the metric system once and for all!
Relevant to your interests
- Open-Source ‘Great Satan’ No More, Microsoft Wins Over Skeptics
- Reporter's Notebook: Trees, fiber, petition
- The boldest WWDC move: Sign In with Apple
- Apple is now the privacy-as-a-service company
- An update on Sunday’s service disruption | Google Cloud Blog
- Why We're Relicensing CockroachDB - Cockroach Labs
- What's actually changing with iOS 13
- Why the new Mac Pro makes sense
- Microsoft and Oracle link up their clouds – TechCrunch
- Google to acquire analytics startup Looker for $2.6 billion – TechCrunch
- Mad King Leo pulled the wool over HP shareholders' eyes, ex-CEO Whitman tells court
- Cloudera plummets 40% after CEO abruptly departs and company cuts forecast
- Mongo Q1 Numbers ## Nonsense
- Microsoft is making Xbox body wash
- “what does Xbox smell like? Microsoft says the answer is fruit, herbs, and various styles of wood.” ## Sponsors This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds® and one of their web APM tools: Loggly®. It’s scalable cloud-based log management that won’t break the bank. Learn more or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Coming up in: San Francisco (June 4th & 5th), Atlanta (June 13th & 14th)…and back to a lot of US cities.
- ChefConf London 2019 June 19-20
- Monktoberfest, Oct 3rd and 4th - CFP now open.
Recommended Jobs from Listeners
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.