With Matt Ray out sick, Coté and Brandon discuss what the Pentagon’s JEDI contract means for cloud vendors, PagerDuty going public and what exactly do developers need to know about Kubernetes. Plus, Coté offers parenting advice on how to handle the no “free drink refills” policy in Europe.
Relevant to your interests
- Simplifying identity and access management of your employees, partners, and customers
- Expanding Google Cloud AI to make it easier for developers to build and deploy AI
- Powering enterprise transformation: Announcing new additions to Google Cloud Networking
- Enterprise databases, managed for you
- Making Google Cloud the best place to run your Microsoft Windows applications
- Announcing Cloud Code—accelerating cloud-native application development
- A TurboTax-backed bill is on track to ensure your tax headache doesn’t go away
- Google Cloud Next 2019
- IBM and Oracle are out of the running for $10 billion government cloud contract
- Users forge ahead with Cloud Foundry-Kubernetes integration
- Uber’s S-1
- Uber files for what could be one of the 10 largest IPOs of all-time
- Silicon Valley's startup gamble faces employee scrutiny
- PagerDuty Hits $1.8 Billion Valuation At IPO—Here's Why It Had Doubters Early On
- Disney says new streaming service will launch November 12 for $7
- SolarWinds buys Samanage
- Mutiny at HQ Trivia fails to oust CEO
- Introducing Gitpod – Frictionless Coding on GitHub
- Five thing when open sourcing proprietary software
- Former Mozilla exec: Google has sabotaged Firefox for years
- IBM stock slips after revenue shortfall
- Google Cloud brings on 27-year SAP veteran as it doubles down on enterprise adoption
- Amazon and Google Announce Official YouTube Apps to Launch on Fire TV; Prime Video App Coming to Chromecast and Android TV
- Last year healthcare had more cybersecurity breaches than any other industry — and it will likely intensify
- Microsoft Teams usage passes Slack in new survey; IT pros expect its presence to double by 2020
- Revising its IT spending forecast, Gartner warns of slower growth across all segments
- Robot dogs pulling a semi truck? Here's the deal
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- April 11th, 2019 - Coté at DevOps Meetup, Cape Town.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- ChefConf 2019 May 20-23. Matt’s speaking!
- ChefConf London 2019 June 19-20
Jobs posted in the SDT Slack
- Autosoft is hiring Software Engineers — Remote friendly
- Professor Jermey from Illinois Tech in Chicago is hiring two Adjunct Faculty for a 16 week class, 1 night a week teaching NodeJS and Web REST API development. You need a Masters Degree in any subject.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you a free laptop sticker!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Coté: Monolithic Transformation now in Safari, but you should still lead-gen yourself to get a free copy. Digital WTF, get $10 off until next episode with this link. Boterkoek/boterpunt: “The tastiest butter cake in the Netherlands cut into bite-sized points. Naturally prepared with an abundance of real butter.”
- Brandon: Work Life with Adam Grant, The office without a**holes