This week we discuss why Facebook, Google and Apple are fighting., what makes Enterprise Sales so hard and Coté explains why he misses American Food,.
Relevant to your interests
- Confluent’s meteoric rise.
- Microsoft acquires another open-source company, Citus Data.
- The U.S. Department of Defense on How to Detect 'Agile BS.'
- Opinion | The Facts About Facebook.
- Google asks Supreme Court to rule on when code can be copyrighted.
- My Losing Battle with Enterprise Sales.
- Spring into Kubernetes - Part 1.
- Google Hangouts is shutting down for some users in October.
- Major iPhone FaceTime bug lets you hear the audio of the person you are calling … before they pick up.
- Software Chasms with Martin Casado.
- Slack now has more than 10 million daily active users.
- Puppet Names Yvonne Wassenaar as Next CEO.
- Automation Software That Helped Consulting Firm Cut 40,000 Jobs Is Reportedly Now for Sale.
- OmniTI ~ credativ massively expands U.S. footprint with OmniTI acquisition.
- Microsoft cloud services see global authentication outage.
- Interview with Jason Cohen
- WP Engine Announces $132M in Annual Recurring Revenue
To learn more or try the company’s DevOps products for free, visit https://solarwinds.com/devops.
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringTours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- Feb 12th to 13th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour St. Louis. $50 off the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Mar 7th to 8th, 2019 - Incontro DevOps in Bologna, Coté speaking.
- Mar 13th, 2019 - Coté speaking at (platform as a product) - Continuous Delivery, Amsterdam.
- Mar 18th to 19th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour London. Get £50 off ticket price of £150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Mar 21st to 2nd, 2019 - SpringOne Tour Amsterdam. Get €50 off ticket price of €150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
Get a Free SDT T-Shirt
- Write an iTunes review of SDT and get a free SDT T-Shirt.
- Write an iTunes Review on the SDT iTunes Page.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: T-Shirt Size (Only Large or X-Large remain), Preferred Color (Gray, Black) and Postal address. First come, first serve. while supplies last! Can only ship T-Shirts within the United States
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you a sticker.
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
Plastic SCM is a version control to help teams focus on delivering work, one task at a time. Signup today for a 30-day free trial and get a sassy T-Shirt.
Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/ or by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in your favorite podcast app.