Coté has a late night, mental breakdown about scorecards. Can Brandon save him? Also, kafka, Travis CI, and snow.
Relevant to your interests
- Atlassian surpassed $1B in calendar-year revenue in 2018
- Google remains the top open-source contributor to CNCF projects
- Oracle exec: Open-source vendors locking down licences proves 'they were never really open’
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Oracle Stock on Dim Growth Prospects
- Vodafone signs $550m deal with IBM to offload cloud biz
- Insiders say that Google's new cloud boss is likely to make some very large acquisitions
- 'The goal is to automate us': welcome to the age of surveillance capitalism
- Just forget what Gartner said about AI in June 'cos CIOs are all over it now apparently
- Open-Source Unicorn: Confluent Reaches $2.5 Billion Valuation Three Years After Hiring Its First Sales Rep
- Travis CI joins the Idera family
- IBM Boasts Another Big Win, Touts Hybrid Cloud Prowess
- Microsoft wins cloud business from Albertsons as fear of Amazon grows among retailers
- Oreo Competitor Makes Federal Case Out of ‘Cutthroat’ Cookie Rivalry
- ROAD TRIP! Buc-ee's opens 1st location outside of Texas
To learn more or try the company’s DevOps products for free, visit https://solarwinds.com/devops.
Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/
Conferences, et. al.
- ALERT! DevOpsDays Discount - DevOpsDays MSP, August 6th to 7th, $50 off with the code SDT2019.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringTours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- Jan 28th to 29th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour Charlotte, $50 off with the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Feb 12th to 13th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour St. Louis. $50 off the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Mar 7th to 8th, 2019 - Incontro DevOps in Bologna, Coté speaking.
- Mar 13th, 2019 - Coté speaking at (platform as a product) - Continuous Delivery, Amsterdam.
- Mar 18th to 19th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour London. Get £50 off ticket price of £150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Mar 21st to 2nd, 2019 - SpringOne Tour Amsterdam. Get €50 off ticket price of €150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
Get a Free SDT T-Shirt
- Write an iTunes review of SDT and get a free SDT T-Shirt.
- Write an iTunes Review on the SDT iTunes Page.
- Send an email to email@example.com and include the following: T-Shirt Size (Only Large or X-Large remain), Preferred Color (Gray, Black) and Postal address. First come, first serve. while supplies last! Can only ship T-Shirts within the United State
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a sticker.
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Brandon: Billion Dollar Whale, Malaysia Wants Goldman’s Money Back.
- Coté: UNIQLO HEATTECH, as soft as a fancy conference t-shirt. Herbarium, dubbed in English - “that’s Jim’s spatula!”
Outro: "'93 'til Infinity."
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and this week SolarWinds wants you to know about their DevOps tool: AppOptics.
Today, there is a divide between application and infrastructure health metrics—and the lack of unified dashboards, alerting, and management. With SolarWinds AppOptics you get a bird’s-eye view across all your resources on a single pane of glass—but can also drill quickly into the details.
AppOptics includes built-in integrations for over 150 cloud-first applications, instant visibility into server and infrastructure performance, robust custom metrics dashboards, and automated APM request tracing. It’s SaaS-hosted, easy to manage, and budget friendly.
Over 275,000 customers trust SolarWinds for the performance data they need, and AppOptics lets developers and operations get back to doing what they love: delighting users.
Learn more or try it free for 14 days, just go to appoptics.com/sdt
Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/ or by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in your favorite podcast app.