Conference season is upon us so we recap all the announcements from Google I/O and Microsoft Build. We also discuss the Mesosphere funding and attempt to deceiver what exactly they are doing with DC/OS. Finally, we have recommendations for Mother’s Day gifts, making kid lunches and some talk of the Lego Millennium Falcon.
Relevant to your interests
- Mesosphere Scores $125M in Funding to Target IoT, Geo Expansion more coverage from George Leopold.
- Twitter signs for Google cloud at list price of about $10m a month
- Oath to Use More AWS Cloud as It Expands Video Play
- Microsoft Build 2018: Top Five Takeaways from Jeffery Hammond at Forrester
- CoreOS folded into Red Hat product suite, the old “reverse integration.”
- The 10 biggest announcements from Google I/O 2018
- 15 Google I/O announcements.
- Serverless Survey: +77% Delivery Speed, 4 Dev Workdays/Mo Saved & -26% AWS Monthly Bill
- Azure at Microsoft Build Announcements| Microsoft Azure
- JEDI mind tricks: Brakes slammed on Pentagon's multibillion cloud deal
- AWS numbers reveal extent of Aussie growth
- IBM bans all removable storage, for all staff, everywhere
This episode brought to you by: Datadog!
DevOpsDays MINNEAPOLIS - JULY 12-13, 2018
Get a 20% discount for one of the best DevOpsDays on the planet, DevOpsDays Minneapolis. It's July 12th to 13th, and you can bet it'll be worth your time. If you're new to DevOps you'll get an idea of what it is, how it's practices, and how to get started. If you're an old pro, you'll dive down into topics and catch-up with all the other old hands. Code: SDT2018
Conferences, et. al.
- NEXT WEEK! May 15th to 18th, 2018 - Coté talking EA at Continuous Lifecycle London.
- May 16 to 17, Matt presenting at Cloud Expo Hong Kong
- May 22 to 25, ChefConf 2018, in Chicago.
- June 1st, 2018 - Coté speaking at Voxxed Days, Singapore.
- June 7th, 2018 - DC Cloud Native Meetup, “Beyond ‘Survival is Not Mandatory.’”
- Sep 24th to 27th - SpringOne Platform, in DC/Maryland (crabs!) get $200 off registration with the code S1P200_Cote.
SDT news & hype
- Check out Software Defined Interviews, our new podcast. Pretty self-descriptive, plus the #exegesis podcast we’ve been doing, all in one, for free.
- Keep up with the weekly newsletter.
- Join us in Slack.
- Buy some t-shirts! DISCOUNT CODE: SDTFSG (20% off)
- Send your name and address to email@example.com and we will send you a sticker. If you run into Matt he’ll give you one too!
- Matt Ray: New phone, Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.
- Brandon: Postal Service - Against All Odds & A Quiet Place
- Coté: Chasing Hillary, Amy Chozick.
This episode is sponsored by Datadog, a monitoring platform for cloud-scale infrastructure and applications. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog provides visibility into more than 200 technologies, including AWS, Chef, and Docker, with built-in metric dashboards and automated alerts. With end-to-end request tracing, Datadog provides visibility into your applications and their underlying infrastructure—all in one place. Sign up for a free trial today!