We finally get to the bottom of what this kubernetes thing is and is not, thanks to guest co-host, Andrew Clay Shafer. There is no co-host shortage.
Pre-roll SDT news & hype
- Jan 16th, first Live Recording in Austin Texas - guest co-host Tasty Meats Paul.
- Join us in Slack, subscribe the newsletter, and pay-up for our members only podcast.
This week In k8s - Confularity at Kublecon
- KubeCon - that a thing?
- As Kubernetes matures, the cloud-native movement turns its attention to the service mesh - climb the stack!
- List of announcements, from The Register.
- “We’ve built Conduit from the ground up to be the fastest, lightest, simplest, and most secure service mesh in the world” - well, I guess we can all pack it up and go home.
- Intel and Hyper partner with the OpenStack Foundation to launch the Kata Containers project
- Datadog survey.
- Heptio has DR in Azure - file under, “oh, I assumed k8s already did that kind of thing…”
Relevant to your interests
- You’re not doing agile - Coté’s Christmas bonus column.
- Whole bunch of SpringOne Platform videos being posted - hey, obviously there’s some hustle, but it’s rich in actual case studies and enterprises talking about how they figured out sucking less.
- Related: receipts considered stupid - Matt gets tremendous eye rolls from everywhere outside the US when it asks for a signature
- Planview buys LeanKit.
- Why do I keep seeing “quantum computing” everywhere. Shouldn’t we figure out “computing” first?
- Update on Dell financials: "You look at our balance sheet, you see $18 billion in cash and investments. We paid down to close $10 billion since the combination with EMC and VMware. For the third quarter, we had $19.6 billion in revenue and $2.3 billion in EBITDA.”
Conferences, et. al.
- It’s the end of the year, not many conferences left.
- Dec 19th, 2017 - Coté will be doing a tiny talk at CloudAustin on December 19th.
- Jan 16th, 2018 - live SDT recording at CloudAustin on Jan 16th, 2018, Coté, Brandon, Tasty Meats Paul](https://twitter.com/pczarkowski).
- May 15th to 18th, 2018 - Coté talking EA at Continuous Lifecycle London.