Being an analyst without being an asshole - Coté’s professional life, part 2
About This Episode
In part two of Coté navel gazing, we discuss Coté’s life as an analyst and strategists. Matt Ray is off in Australia-land, so it’s just Brandon and Coté. We discuss: what IT analyst work on; working with marketers that have poor, nothing new material; learning how to function inside a large company in the executive suite; M&A and investment bankers, getting shit done in large companies (it’s always slow), like Project Sputnik.
- DevOpsDays Charlotte, Feb 6th and 7th, 2017 - get 25% of when you register with the code SDT. Coté’s speaking at it! ChefConf 2017 Teaser
- See part one of this series.
- Coté’s published work at RedMonk.
- Coté’s analysis on disruption in the industry analyst business, going over the business as it matters to the individual analysts.
- A discussion of Project Sputnik with Coté and Barton George, episode 34 of Pivotal Conversations.
- Collected tips on surviving and thriving in a big company, recording a presentation at Devoxx Poland 2016.
- Prototyping for Designers, by Kathryn McElroy.
- Pod Save America podcast (née Keepin’ it 1600)
- Bolthouse Farms, 100% Carrot Juice, 32 oz
- The perfect shoe for white collar yokels: Clarks Men's Trapell Form Slip-On Loafer
- At CostCo (or Amazon): 505 Southwestern Hatch Valley Green Chile Salsa 40 Oz