From a vegan, clothing optional co-op to working with banks and oil companies - Coté’s professional life, part 1
About This Episode
How does one go from living in a vegan, clothing option co-op working on a philosophy degree to hustling enterprise software? That's the story of Coté's career that we discuss in this episode. Matt Ray is out, getting the bills paid, so Brandon interviews Coté about how he got here, professionally. We end the story around 2011; maybe we'll pick up next time it's just the two of us.
- House of Commons Co-op, Austin, Texas. See some pictures of a simpler time there.
- I think this is that Victorian Literature professor.
- He's the one that taught me how to use books as tools, writing in them and whatnot.
- A typical day at BMC. Always lots of jokes, there. See more pictures.
- In 2005, Coté wrote two pieces on IBM Lotus stuff: one on "Workplace for Business" and another on how I thought they should move it to Eclipse. Who knows why, really?
- Lala's, where it's Christmas all year round.
- James Governor and Stephen O'Grady.
- Coté at RedMonk.